Full-Time Kindergarten Teacher
1. Curriculum & Instruction
Be responsible for the instruction of assigned classes in the locations and during the times designated.
Prepare for assigned classes and have lesson plans available.
Strive to implement, through instruction and action, the philosophical goals and objectives developed for St. Peter Catholic School.
Use a variety of educational strategies and techniques in an effort to meet the needs of all learners in the classroom.
Assess the accomplishments of students and provide progress reports to parents on a regular basis.
2. Supervision & Classroom Management
• Make certain students are properly supervised during school, student arrival and departure, and school sponsored functions.
• Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students from emotional or physical harm.
• Take all necessary precautions to protect school equipment, materials and facilities from harm or vandalism.
• Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, school policy and/or administrative requirements.
• Assist and support the administration in developing and implementing policies and rules governing student life, conduct and behavior.
• Establish and maintain a classroom environment which is conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental age and interests of the students.
• Develop rules of classroom behavior and procedures that maintain order in a fair and just manner consistent with school policy.
• Assist with recess, lunchroom, and transportation supervision of students.
• Communicate regularly with parents to discuss student progress and/or behavior.
• Be available to students and parents outside of the instructional day for education related purposes such as parent/teacher conferences, staff team conferences, or providing academic assistance.
• Actively promote and maintain open lines of communication with the teachers, faculty and administration.
4. Professional Development & Duties
• Maintain and improve professional competency through participation in professional development opportunities.
• Attend faculty meetings, scheduled parent/teacher organization meetings and all meetings deemed necessary by the Principal.
• Serve on faculty committees responsible for tasks such as curriculum development, event planning, students’ evaluation, etc.
• Support parish activities that directly support the school.
• Abide by the policies and guidelines as stated in the Employee Personnel Policy Handbook.
• Actively carry out duties assigned by and expectations of the school administration.
• Practice confidentiality in regard to academic, social and discipline issues pertaining to students.
• Be a positive advocate of the Church and School of St. Peter.
Job Qualifications: 1. To have and maintain a current Minnesota teaching license in the level and/or area of specialty in which they teach, or satisfy the MNSAA requirements. 2. Demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of Catholic doctrine, along with a commitment to the mission of the Church and School of St. Peter. 3. Successfully complete the Essential 3 requirements – Virtus training, background check, and Code of Conduct. 4. Ability to communicate positively with students, parents, faculty, administration, parishioners, and the broader community. 5. Ability to work in a team as a member of the faculty, and actively promote the mission of the parish and school. 6. Computer skills that include the use of Microsoft products, applications, student grading and management software, email, and internet-based programs.
Organizational Name: School of St. Peter
Organizational City: Forest Lake
Position Contact Email: JMorehead@school.stpeterfl.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-982-2214
Setting: Information Not Provided
School Enrollment: 251-400
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 11-25
Number of Faculty: 26-50
How to ApplyPlease apply by emailing a copy of your resume and letter of interest to JMorehead@school.stpeterfl.org
203 total views, 4 today