Full-Time Youth Minister/Confirmation Coordinator/Admin
To develop, grow, and provide opportunities for youth in grades 7-12 for their spiritual growth and commitment to Jesus Christ in their Catholic faith through a comprehensive Youth Ministry Program. To provide opportunities for teens to be more engaged in parish life through prayer and worship, community building, and outreach experiences. To coordinate the parish Confirmation program grades 8-9. Wednesday night Gathering time, Faith Formation grades 6&7, Confirmation grades 8-9; provide opportunities for our youth to encounter Jesus Christ. Assist with administrative duties for Faith Formation Department.
This position requires that the employee be an active, participating Roman Catholic.
- Model the Catholic faith for students
- Model and share the love of Jesus Christ
- Teach the Catholic faith by presence, manners, actions, works, and interactions
- Treat all students in a friendly, kind, caring, respectful, and polite manner
- Create a Catholic environment
- High School Youth Ministry
- Develop, Coordinate, and implement a Youth Ministry Program for High School ages that engages regularly with teens and leaders
- Plan/organize/participate in Youth Ministry events that offer opportunities for service, social and spirituality on site and at other locations
- Communicate with parish and our youth through many platforms including social media
- In collaboration with the pastor, music program and other FF Staff coordinate youth Masses as appropriate (2 to 4 times in a year)
- Plan and coordinate mission/service trips (e.g. Guatemala, National March for Life, CHWC, etc.)
- Support youth/teens at non-church related activities where teens are gathered as appropriate
- Collaborate with other Catholic Churches where possible with events such as Steubenville, Totus Tuus, and NET retreats
- Attend some Youth Ministry events/training/socials provided by the archdiocese
- Work with pastor and adult volunteers to plan Baccalaureate Mass and its associated events
- Recruit teen and adult members and facilitate Core team meetings
II. Junior High Youth Ministry
- Provide opportunities to integrate St. Wenceslaus School students and public school students to form one parish faith community; monthly Disciples gatherings.
- Assist with the St. Wenceslaus School students and visit in St. Wenceslaus School where appropriate
- Promote programs/events that help integrate all youth into the liturgical, spiritual, and social life of our faith community. Including but not limited to: Summer Stretch, Chillfest, VBS, Summer FF+
III. Gathering Time/6&7 grade
Plan and implement Gathering Time for our Wednesday night DOC students. Plan and help catechists execute the lessons for our 6&7 grade students on Wednesday nights and assist with summer 6&7 grades.
IV. Confirmation – grades 8&9
Plan and facilitate the Confirmation program for our 8&9 grade students. It is currently a 2-year program with a Wednesday night component for 8th grade (non-parochial school students), coordinating with 8th Grade St. Wenceslaus School religion teacher for occasional class visits to familiarize with parochial school students, and a Sunday morning program for 9th grade (where both parochial and non-parochial students come together for the year). Responsibilities include conducting parent, sponsor, and student meetings, as well as a retreat experience each year. This also requires recruitment and ongoing training of our catechists and weekly preparation of classrooms
V. Protection of Children and Youth Initiative
Work in cooperation with the DRE to ensure compliance with archdiocesan policy on Virtus Training, criminal background checks, and other elements necessary for providing a safe environment. Provide, track, and ensure compliance for safe environment training for 6-12 grade youth.
VI. Administrative Responsibilities
Assist the Director of Religious Education (DRE) in Administrative duties occurring in the Faith Formation office, including, but not limited to: on-line registrations, communications, creation of flyers, certificates, forms, etc. Other duties that are deemed necessary by Pastor and/or DRE.
Job Qualifications: • A BA in theology or youth ministry preferred, or related educational experience • 3-5 years of parish youth ministry experience preferred • Excellent oral and written communication skills, adept at social media • Commitment to growing personally, professionally, and spiritually • Familiarity with MS Office • Valid Minnesota Drivers’ license and car • Ability to collaborate and work well with staff, volunteers, teens, and parents • Ability to communicate core essentials of the Catholic tradition that are relevant and life giving to youth • A commitment to a fully Catholic implementation of a Vatican II understanding of the church
Organizational Name: St. Wenceslaus Catholic Parish
Organizational City: New Prague, MN
Position Contact Name: Fr. Eugene Theisen
Position Contact Title: Pastor
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-758-3225
Deadline: 17 July 2020
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to ApplyPlease send an e-mail to Fr. Eugene Theisen at email@example.com with a letter of interest and resume. A complete job description is available on request
610 total views, 5 today