Part-Time Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator
The Youth and Young Adult Ministry Coordinator is a critical position that requires strong vision, planning and execution skills by calling forward active Catholic disciples to help minister to the youth and young adults at St. John’s. In alignment with the Pastor and under the direction of the Director of Evangelization and Faith Formation, this position will coordinate and facilitate ministries that engage youth and young adults to support their faith formation and provide a strong community of fellowship and service. The goal of this position is to foster a community of active discipleship among youth and young adults in which the Gospel message is known, loved and lived.
Some of the specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate faith formation program for grades 9-12 and prepare a calendar for volunteer catechists including but not limited to speakers, retreat experiences, and service opportunities.
- Oversee and lead volunteers to provide activities for youth that blend spiritual formation, social development and service opportunities.
- Coordinate the program of catechetical preparation for Confirmation of youth.
- In collaboration with and under the direction of the Director of Evangelization and Faith Formation, establish a ministry for young adults that includes spiritual formation, service and fellowship.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to leverage multiple communications channels, including social media, to reach out to and engage youth and young adults.
Job Qualifications: 1. An active Catholic disciple living in accord with Church teaching with an evangelizing style of reaching out to and working with youth and young adults 2. Strong Catholic education required; degree in teaching, ministry or theology preferred 3. Prior experience with youth and young adult ministry preferred 4. Good working knowledge of youth and young adult culture; ability to relate to these audiences with ease and confidence 5. Strong empowering, forming and mentoring skills of volunteer leaders spanning a variety of age groups 6. Ability to effectively communicate how to develop a personal relationship with God through prayer, catechesis, and acts of service to God and others 7. Strong working knowledge of how to train youth, young adults and volunteers in leading faith discussions 8. Ability to pass a criminal background check and successfully complete Essential 3 and credit check
Organizational Name: St. John the Baptist Catholic Church and School
Organizational City: Savage
Position Contact Name: Linda Moriarty
Position Contact Title: Executive Assistant to the Pastor
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-890-9465
Deadline: July 10, 2019
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: To be determined
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyTo apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Linda Moriarty, Executive Assistant to the Pastor at firstname.lastname@example.org
110 total views, 1 today