Full-Time Upper School Learning Specialist
Providence Academy, a PK-12 Catholic independent school in Plymouth, MN seeks a full-time Learning Specialist to ensure that students with specialized learning needs make academic progress to succeed in the Upper School and gain lifelong learning tools while embracing the school’s mission. The role involves reviewing educational
evaluations and implementing the recommendations, setting goals, creating and communicating classroom accommodations, collaborating with teachers, and providing regular communication with students and their parents about academic progress. The role also includes coaching students through the application of organizational, reading, math, and study strategies to help students achieve academic proficiency.
The Learning Specialist supports the Academy in the following areas:
Academic Support and Assessments
• Be knowledgeable of various best practices in teaching students with learning diagnoses (familiarity with the DSM-V).
• Create and manage student accommodation plans to address unique learning challenges.
• Track student progress and achievement with student accommodation plans in coordination with divisional student support teams.
• Coordinate and manage files and/or paperwork in relation to students with learning needs.
• Serve as SSD (Services for Students with Disabilities) Coordinator for ACT and College Board (e.g. SAT and AP) for students qualifying for non-standard testing.
• Assist with administration of daily assessments and semester exams for students with testing accommodations.
Instructional Coordination Responsibilities
• Meet with students individually or in a small group as needed for academic support,
study skill enhancement, and use of approved assistive technologies.
• Interface with counselors, teachers, parents, administrators, and medical professionals, and school district special education personnel related to diagnoses and interventions for learning differences.
• Communicate with parents to suggest methods to utilize at home to enhance study skills and support their student’s academic success.
• Collaborate with other learning support personnel across the school divisions to ensure a continuum of academic support for students with learning needs.
Job Qualifications: Required Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree or higher with a strong knowledge base in identifying and accommodating learning differences. Ideal candidates will have at least three to five years of high school teaching experience, an understanding of differentiated instruction, a flexible and team-oriented approach, excellent written and oral communication skills, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, and superior interpersonal skills.
Organizational Name: Providence Academy
Organizational City: Plymouth
Position Contact Name: Amanda Gregory
Position Contact Title: Human Resources
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 763-258-2500
School Enrollment: 801 or more
Minnesota Teacher's License: Preferred
Number of Classrooms: Information Not Provided
Number of Faculty: 75-100
How to ApplyQualified candidates for this FT 10 month position should send a cover letter, resume and at least three references to email@example.com.
387 total views, 9 today