Full-Time Toddler Teacher
- Be present where needed and be ready to work as needed for all scheduled hours to meet all responsibilities. Be punctual and prepared for daily activities, meetings, workshops, and assigned duties. *
- Maintain appropriate professional appearance and positive attitude toward parents, students, peers, and administration.
- Satisfy responsibilities in a timely manner; generally ensure that all is ready and taken care of. *
- Communicate daily with parents in writing and in person to inform them of center activities and to discuss child’s progress. *
- Actively promote and maintain open, professional lines of communication with teachers, staff, and administration. *
- Communicate to co-workers
- Maintain accurate, timely records as required by law, ECEC licensing policy and/or administrative requests. Clearly and legibly write notes, accident reports, forms, etc.*
- Take responsibility for developing and achieving professional development goals.
- Actively and consistently engage children in areas of interest, instruction, and development through clearly planned & prepared lessons and hands-on activities. This includes running, jumping, dancing, and playing, or building with the children daily. Also includes providing materials and tools to enhance and encourage learning in science, math, language and speech development and self-help skills.*
- Provide timely, consistent and positive instructional feedback to the children. *
- Maintain flexibility in instructional technique and professional performance. *
- Demonstrate knowledge of Developmentally Appropriate Practices for toddlers.
- Understand and accommodate various student-learning styles within the classroom.
- Understand, locate and implement a variety of instructional resources to enhance instruction.
- Use a variety of assessment methods to monitor student achievement. *
- Create and support an environment of mutual student/student and student/teacher respect. *
- Manage classroom routines to accommodate smooth transitions and student responsibility.
- Establish and maintain clear, consistent student behavioral expectations. *
- Use learning and physical resources in a manner that makes learning accessible to all students. *
- Create and support a caring, loving environment and encourage parent interactions. *
- Maintain clear, consistent expectations of toddler development for the parents. *
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences a minimum of two times per year. *
- Follow through on daily expectations of job, including lunch delivery / prep, room maintenance (cleaning, rearranging of room, moving / carrying supplies), helping with daily routines of children including, bathroom breaks, hand / face washing, seasonal needs such as sunscreen application or snow suits, etc.
- Move and act quickly to intervene or protect a child from an unsafe situation. Act quickly and safely in any type of emergency situation including fire, tornado and/or lockdown drills.*
- Maintain classroom; keep all areas free of debris (i.e. sand, water, etc.). Keep cots, tables, chairs, toys and other learning materials cleaned and sanitized daily.*
- Complete periodic and frequent head counts throughout the day and during all activities and transitions.*
Job Qualifications: The Saint Ambrose Early Childhood Education Center is looking for an experienced, full time Toddler Teacher to teach in our full day, year round toddler classroom. Applicants should be professional, loving, enthusiastic, self-directed, and dedicated individuals who have prior experience teaching and working with toddler-aged children in a Christian setting. Hours would be 6:15-2:45, 7:00-3:30, 9:00-5:30, or 9:30-6:00 (rotating schedule), M – F, year round. We offer competitive wages and benefits. If interested in applying for this position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and two letters of reference to Anne Huber, Director of the Early Childhood Education Center, 4125 Woodbury Drive, Woodbury, MN 55129, or email@example.com.
Organizational Name: Saint Ambrose Early Childhood Education Center
Organizational City: Woodbury
Position Contact Name: Anne Huber
Position Contact Title: Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-768-3032
Deadline: July 6, 2020
Salary / Range: $16.00 - $19.75
School Enrollment: 101-250
Minnesota Teacher's License: Information Not Provided
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 26-50
How to ApplyPlease submit resumes and cover letters to email listed on application process. You must have a four-year degree in education (early childhood preferred), or a two-year AA in Child Development, or a Child Development Associate (CDA) degree, with at least 2-years of prior experience in the field.
496 total views, 7 today