Part-Time Staff Cook
Position Description: The staff cook provides hospitality in the form of meals for Dunrovin guests and staff.
Job Expectations: As a center for hospitality, the Dunrovin employee will offer a warm, courteous welcome to all who come. The employee will strive to communicate respectfully with staff members and all who come, maintaining an atmosphere of Christian peace. The Dunrovin employee will follow procedures and policies as outlined in the Dunrovin Employee Handbook, will maintain efficiency as much as possible, and will maintain an approved schedule of hours.
Primary Objective/Specific Responsibilities: Promote hospitality to guests
- Prepare and serve delicious, nutritious and attractive meals
- Assist with preparation of menus
- Assist with inventory and ordering of food and supplies
- Care for guest non-food needs when possible
Primary Objective/Specific Responsibilities: Promote the safety and health of guests and staff
- Maintenance of a clean cooking and dining environment, equipment, and food storage areas in compliance with State of Minnesota mandate
- Wash dishes and clean kitchen
- Clean serving and eating tables
- Sweep kitchen and dining room floors
- Remove garbage, recycling, and compost from kitchen and dining room
- Check for safety and repair needs
Primary Objective/Specific Responsibilities: Promote work as a staff team member
- Communicate with staff about guest needs, menu plans, food needs, repairs, schedules, etc.
- Attend food service staff meetings
- Meet with and be accountable to supervisor
Job Requirements: The staff cook will demonstrate excellent skills and experience in cooking, will be able to offer kind hospitality to guests, will maintain an up-to-date commercial kitchen license or the equivalent as agreed upon by supervisor, is capable of lifting and carrying fifty pounds, will possess above average skills in cleanliness and organization, and will facilitate respectful communication with co-workers.
Disclaimer: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the general nature and level of work performed by jobholders within this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications or duties associated with the position, and the employee may be asked by supervisor to perform additional responsibilities.
Organizational Name: Dunrovin Christian Brothers Retreat Center
Organizational City: Marine on St. Croix
Benefits: Information Not Provided
Experience: Information Not Provided
Setting: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyPlease apply by emailing email@example.com.
285 total views, 5 today