Full-Time Staff Accountant
Visitation School is seeking a full-time (benefits eligible) Staff Accountant. This position is primarily responsible for all accounts payable functions, fixed assets accounting / reporting and other miscellaneous general ledger accounting and reconciliation support. This position also provides key support for tuition and fees billing and receivables collections efforts. In addition, provides support to Accounting Manager in monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, audits and budget preparation as well as other operations within the Business Office.
Visitation is an independent Catholic day school with a culture permeated by Salesian Spirituality. We offer a unique combination of learning experiences with an infant Child Care Program, a coed Lower School (Montessori preschool through grade 5), an all-girls Middle School (grades 6-8) and an all-girls Upper School (grades 9-12). A member of NAIS and accredited by ISACS, we are located on a unique and beautiful 60-acre campus in Mendota Heights, Minnesota. Visitation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, including tuition remission. Please visit our website at https://www.visitation.net for more information.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or the equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in accounting/general ledger area
- School or non-profit experience preferred
- Current knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles)
- Commitment to Visitation School’s Mission and Values
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative communications style
- Positive interpersonal skills
- Independent and shows initiative, can accomplish responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Good judgment and detail orientation with an aptitude to set priorities, analyze data and handle multiple assignments with tight deadlines
- Proficiency with automated financial and accounting/general ledger systems required
- Experience with Blackbaud products, specifically Smart Tuition and Financial Edge, preferred
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and strong general Microsoft Office skills
- Familiarity with G-Suite platforms a plus, Gmail, Google Documents, etc
Visitation School believes that diversity enriches all in our community, leading a better, more creative and productive work environment. Please read our diversity statement to learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion. Visitation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
This posting is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not a comprehensive list of all job responsibilities.
Organizational Name: Convent and Academy of the Visitation
Organizational City: Mendota Heights
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Setting: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyQualified candidates are asked to send a letter of interest and resume, including salary requirements and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
483 total views, 8 today