Full-Time Senior High Youth Minister
Resource person: To Director of Faith Formation, all faith formation staff, parish volunteers for Youth Ministry, all faith formation volunteers who teach in Confirmation small groups, parish staff, HNOJ school staff, and the faith formation ministry area commission.
Purpose of the position: The Senior High Youth Ministers primary responsibility is to empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in the world today, and to continue to guide the catechetical education of the high school youth. The Senior High Youth Minister, in collaboration with the Coordinator of Jr. High Faith Formation should foster the Vision and Ministry of Youth Ministry at Holy Name in seeking to draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the Catholic faith community. This ministry has a special focus of inviting, welcoming, nurturing, and supporting youth in their journey of Christian discipleship, especially those who have not felt the loving touch of God.
Statement on working for the Catholic Church: Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that can embarrass the church or give rise to scandal. It is expected that this employees respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. It is requires that this employee be a Catholic.
- Work to advance the vision of 21st Century discipleship in conjunction with the mission of the Parish in the area of youth ministry.
Programs and Curriculum:
- To work in collaboration with the Director of Faith Formation at both the strategic and detail level to assure faith formation curriculum, materials, and practices are in accordance with the Catholic Church, United States Council of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) and the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis.
- Direct Catechetical programs for Confirmation by implementing and developing a faith formation curriculum.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers in the Confirmation program.
- Coordinate with Directors of Faith Formation and Liturgy to encourage Confirmation student’s participation in liturgy and provide creative opportunities for prayer.
- Use effective communication tools to promote the Confirmation program through Mass announcements, posters, mailings, and email.
- Identify appropriate curriculum, worksheets, activities, and other resources for faith formation sessions which will provide quality information so students can become well-formed Catholic disciples of Jesus Christ.
Senior High Youth Ministry
- *Sunday Evening Mass:
- Coordinate the youth participation and presence at the Sunday evening liturgy at HNOJ.
- *Weekly Senior High Youth Ministry Programming:
- Plan and organize curriculum for Sr. High Youth Ministry Gathering.
- Plan and facilitate Sr High Youth Ministry Gatherings small and large groups.
- Support Volunteers in the planning and development of Sr. High Youth Ministry Gatherings.
- Review and assess weekly Senior High Youth Ministry programming.
- *Coordinate Volunteers:
- Recruit and train adult and young adult Core Team members with the assistance of the Adult Faith Formation Coordinator.
- Ensure all Safe Environment standards, including Essential 3, are met and followed by all volunteers in Youth Ministry.
- Hold regular Core Team meetings.
- Direct ministry performed by Core Team members.
- Provide support of Core Team giving teaching and witnesses at Sr. High Youth Ministry Gatherings and Retreats.
- Provide opportunity for spiritual growth for Core Team members.
- Develop a culture of Discipleship in adult volunteers.
- *Community Building Opportunities:
- Provide a variety of opportunities for the high school age youth of Holy Name to meet together to build a faith filled and fun community.
- *Pastoral Guidance:
- Collaborate with Pastor to provide resources for at risk teens.
- *Retreat Work:
- Organize, plan, and facilitate the annual Spring and Fall Sr. High Retreats.
- Be responsible for all youth ministry retreats for 9th-12th
- Be responsible for planning and implementation of retreat content.
- Coordinate with Core team and Music Minister to participate at retreats.
- Rector all Confirmation retreats.
- Advertise all youth ministry events through Mass announcements, posters, Social Media (following standards) and other media.
- Remain in contact with the high school age youth of the parish on a weekly if not daily basis through social media, phone calls, and in person meetings in accordance with safe environment standards.
- Provide spiritual insight and formation through regularly published articles or blogs.
- Collaborate with Middle School Youth Minister
- Work with Middle School Youth Minister to execute some Middle School Youth Ministry events when High School Teen Core Team members are leading Middle School Activities.
- *Service, Justice, and Missions:
- Plan, implement, and oversee the annual Christpower service experience as well as provide regular service experiences for youth.
- Provide service and social justice education for teens within youth ministry.
Personal Growth Commitments:
- Annual retreat
- Reading and Reflection
- Continuing education (30 hours)
- Continue to grow by participating in the network of other professional organizations such as NET Gatherings, Youth Network, Archdiocesan events, retreats, and personal study.
- *Be present, ready to work and on time for all scheduled hours as set by the employer.
- Provide a detailed calendar for all areas of responsibility.
- Respond to parental concerns and support and educate parents in their role as primary educators in the faith development of their children.
- Be an example and interact with youth, provide inspiration for the development of the faith life of Holy Name of Jesus teens.
- Be an active member of the Holy Name of Jesus staff that seeks spiritual and job related growth as a group and a strong collaborative bond that improves the work of all staff members.
- *Meet all PCYI requirements.
- Comply with policies and procedures as outlined in the HNOJ Personnel Policy Handbook.
- Help create a productive environment where there is harmony, good moral and cooperative teamwork.
- Assist and support the administration in implementing policies and rules governing employment law practices, conduct and behavior.
Facilities and Equipment:
- Be responsible for contacting maintenance staff on event set-up.
- Make sure all areas used for classes and activities are left in good condition.
- Return all materials used for classes and activities at the end of all events to their proper place.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications: Education and Experience: • Practicing Roman Catholic • BA in theology or related field • Experience in managing junior high and Confirmation programs • Possess a broad knowledge of Social Media with strong skills in the area of technology • Demonstrate strong organizational skills and attention to detail • Must be computer literate and competent. Intellectual and Emotional Demands: Must be able to facilitate multiple simultaneous requests and tasks. Must be organized, able to meet multiple concurrent deadlines, able to assess and respond to politically charged discussions and requests, able to maturely deal with 7-12th grade youth who will challenge authority. Able to tactfully and maturely respond to situations involving teens, parents, and volunteers. Physical Demands: Ability to work 40+ hours per week. Able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Able to lift up to 25 lbs. (books, educational materials, etc.) using proper techniques. Able to work long hours when the position demands. Ability to lift, push, pull or carry equipment from time to time in this position, typically under 50 lbs.
Organizational Name: Holy Name of Jesus
Organizational City: Medina
Position Contact Name: Jill Olson
Position Contact Title: Operations and Safe Environment Coordinator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: (763) 473-7901
Deadline: July 10, 2020
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease submit resume to Jill Olson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
624 total views, 7 today