Part-Time Receptionist/Data Coordinator
• Answer phones, direct calls, greet and direct visitors.
• Schedule memorial masses.
• Data entry for new parishioners.
• Contact person for “Catholic Spirit” subscriptions,
• Keep database current and updated on an ongoing basis (including parishioner contact information, sacramental data, etc.)
• Assist Bookkeeper with Vanco/ACH entry.
• Assist in the set-up and maintenance of the Faith Formation database.
• Assist and enter Spring Class Registrations, including adult volunteers.
• Assist with bulk mailings as needed.
• Assist in annual Stewardship drive as needed.
• Maintain Pastoral Care Ministries volunteer database and print reports as needed.
• Receive in office registrations and contributions. Complete appropriate documentation.
• Record and Assist Faith Formation Staff in Recording Sacraments (Baptisms, First Eucharist, Confirmation, Marriages, deaths) in Sacramental Registers and ConnectNow database.
• Notify churches of Baptism when required.
• Notarize Marital Education Paperwork for the county.
• Mail or fax completed documentation for outside requests for Sacramental records.
• Various office duties as assigned.
• Perform hospitality tasks as needed.
• Perform weekday office opening and closing procedures.
• Periodic attendance and participation in staff meetings, staff activities appropriate to role as Data Coordinator/ Receptionist such as staff events, annual staff retreat day and staff celebrations.
• Assist as needed with intergenerational events, parish events, etc.
• Create and share staff goals each year with the parish administrator.
• Knowledge of basic computer skills and the willingness to learn new programs as needed.
• Participate fully in the work of the staff for the good of the whole parish.
• And other duties assigned.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not all-inclusive.
Job Qualifications: Reports to: Parish Administrator Provides work direction to: Office volunteers Receives work direction from: Parish Administrator Employment Definition: Part-time FLSA: Non-exempt Hours worked per week: 12-16 variable Eligible for benefits: No JOB PURPOSE To be a welcoming first presence to visitors and parishioners in the front office and on the telephone. To maintain the parish database and the sacramental records books. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees are held to a different and many times a higher standard of conduct. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Because of the contact in person and on the telephone with parishioners and non-parishioners it is required that this employee be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church. MENTAL DEMANDS • Ability to multi-task. • Ability to work with constant interruptions. • Ability to prioritize. • Ability to effectively communicate and deal with people of all ages, backgrounds, etc. • Excellent organization skills. • Previous experience in managing a church database, various computer programs and willingness to learn new programs as needed. • Ability to recruit and train volunteers. PHYSICAL DEMANDS • Be able to handle a multi-line telephone system. • Be a Notary Public or the willingness to become a Notary Public. • Able to sit for prolonged periods of time • Ability to monitor campus security systems for abnormal activity • Ability to take possession of package deliveries as they arrive throughout the day from various delivery services.
Organizational Name: Church of the Risen Savior
Organizational City: Burnsville
Position Contact Name: Ryan Currens
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-431-5222
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: Commensurate with experience.
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
797 total views, 9 today