Part-Time Preschool Teacher, Afternoon and Extended Day
We are seeking a preschool teacher to lead preschool in the afternoon as well as oversee school-age children after school release. Must be available Monday through Friday from 1:00-5:30pm. Teacher will lead afternoon preschool from 1:30-3:45pm and school-age care from 3:45-5:30pm. Prep time for preschool instruction is included from 1:00-1:30 daily. Teacher is responsible for planning developmentally-appropriate, fun and engaging preschool activities and lessons to aid in child formation and development. School-age responsibilities include preparing snack, homework assistance, and engagement with children in after-school activities.
Additional hours may be available on non-school days.
- Responsible for planning, teaching and supervising the afternoon preschool program and working directly with children and staff.
- Develops and implements a curriculum that meets the social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs of all children.
- Maintains a safe, clean, orderly and organized learning environment.
- Is responsible for the safety and well-being of children being supervised.
- Knows procedures and DHS rules including Fire Drills, Accident Logs, Medicine protocols and emergency procedures.
- Assists Director in the supervision of aides and assistant teachers.
- Plans and works with other staff to ensure a quality child care program.
- Attends staff meetings and completes all required in-service trainings. In event of missed staff meeting, employee will reschedule with Director.
- Performs duties of reading stories, making bulletin boards, organizing, and initiating and developing games and projects in addition to general duties (i.e. preparing snacks, general housekeeping, and other jobs as needed by the director).
- Develops and maintains a good working relationship with school personnel, Kids Korner staff, parents and children.
- Communicates regularly with parents and on any occasion that a conference may be needed.
- Treats each child with respect and dignity.
Job Qualifications: - BA in Education, Certificate in Child Development or related field, or other qualifications as outlined by MN DHS Rule 3. - Experience working with children is required, as outlined by MN DHS Rule 3. - Interest in beginning a new program. - Willingness to build curriculum and experiences around a theme. - Love for and awareness of the developmental levels of preschool and school-age children. - The Teacher reports to the Director and Principal of St. Jerome School
Organizational Name: St. Jerome Kids Korner
Organizational City: Maplewood
Position Contact Name: Grace Cardinal
Position Contact Title: Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-771-1023
Deadline: August 21, 2020
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: 16.00-22.00
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Not Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyPlease submit resume and cover letter to Grace Cardinal: email@example.com. Call with any questions: 651-771-1023.
165 total views, 8 today