Full-Time Preschool Assistant Teacher
* Be present where needed, ready to work as needed to meet responsibilities. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, seeking approval to put in more time if needed, satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner, providing an example of punctuality and attendance, and generally ensuring all instruction of children is taken care of in a professional and responsible manner.
Help Lead Teacher administer assessments which align to Rule 3 and NAEYC Accreditation.
* Help create a productive environment where there is harmony, good moral and cooperative teamwork, monitor productivity and take corrective action as appropriate.
* Assist and support the administration in implementing policies and rules governing student life, conduct and behavior.
* Religious Responsibilities
Teach in accordance with Catholic doctrine and religious practices.
* Regular Classroom Activities (Including, but not limited to;)
To establish and maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the developmental age and interest of the students.
Demonstrate effective, appropriate student-management skills.
Participate in faith formation activities with students and colleagues, including but not limited to, liturgies, prayer services, daily prayer and retreats.
Maintain appropriate and safe conduct in the classroom and throughout the campus and making sure that students are never left unsupervised in any part of the school facility.
Maintain a positive learning environment.
Assist Lead Teacher in developing rules of classroom behavior and procedure that maintain order in a fair and just manner consistent with school policy.
Incorporate “Top 20” methodology in overall classroom management techniques as consistent with entire school program.
Take necessary precautions to protect equipment, materials and facilities from harm and vandalism.
* Instructional Responsibilities
o Be responsible for instruction of NAEYC Standards..
o Respond to the needs of all learners in your classes by providing opportunities of differentiated instruction.
o Guide the learning process toward the achievement of standards and in harmony with the goals; establish clear objectives for all lessons, units and projects.
o Use a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of your classroom and the needs, interest and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
o Recognize student exceptional educational needs and cooperate with consultants/specialists in assessing and assisting students solve health, attitude and learning problems.
* Professional Responsibilities
Maintain and improve professional competence through staff development activities provided by school and self-selected professional growth activities.
Participate on curricular, extra-curricular, and instructional development committees along with participating in the planning and supervising of student activities to the extent possible.
Reinforce Catholic educational identity to school/parish/local communities.
Conduct behavior that is professional, collegial and respectful.
Demonstrate professionalism in behavior, speech and dress
* Must demonstrate the willingness to embrace Parish and School business, strategic and ministerial objectives and show full cooperation with their implementations.
*Top 20 Principles that Guide the Staff and School:
Help Others Succeed
Communicate “You Matter.”
Honor the Absent
See the problem, own the problem.
Other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by the supervisor.
Job Qualifications: Able to pass required background check and complete training and development as established by MN Rule 3 for Child Care Licensing and follow all Essential 3 components for Archdiocesan standards. Demonstrate ability to: Work effectively and collegially with others Ability to make decisions Ability to work without supervision Ability to learn and implement new education strategies Ability to manage and maintain a classroom of students effectively Ability to take direction from the principal and effectively complete new programs, processes and procedures as directed.
Organizational Name: St. Alphonsus Catholic School
Organizational City: Brooklyn Center
Position Contact Name: Kari Staples
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 763-561-5101
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Not Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyPlease submit resume, letter of interest and any recommendations to Kari Staples, Principal at email@example.com
67 total views, 1 today