Part-Time Pastoral Associate for Pastoral Care
Work with and coordinate a variety of existing social ministry groups within the parish; including Eucharistic ministers of Care to the Sick and Homebound.
Maintain ministry records in database.
Provide training and updating for volunteer pastoral ministers, committee members and the parish community, provide support and encouragement to groups.
Visit parishioners in hospitals, residential care facilities, hospice facilities and private homes.
Guide the funeral ministry of the parish which includes meeting with families and the Pastoral Associate for Liturgy and Pastor to plan funeral liturgies, working with funeral directors to see that the families’ needs are met; encourage grief ministry.
Promote ministry to the elderly, homebound, hospitalized, dying and persons in crisis.
Facilitate implementation of Stephen Ministries.
Oversee budgeting and financial oversight for ministry area.
Regularly attend staff meetings.
• Share emergency “on call” with the pastor.
• Serve as pastoral ministry resource person to the staff and other programs.
• Approach ministry as a team member with the pastor, the staff, the pastoral council, parish committees, etc.
• Fully participate in staff meetings and leadership development as sponsored by the parish.
• Other duties as identified by the employee and approved and/or assigned by the pastor.
Job Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS • Must be a practicing Catholic • Education in Theology or applicable field of study • Ministry experience in Pastoral Care
Organizational Name: St. Pascal Baylon Church
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: Fr. John Mitchell
Position Contact Title: Pastor
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-774-1585
Deadline: October 15
Benefits: Information Not Provided
Salary / Range: DOQ
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease email resume and cover letter to Fr. John Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
73 total views, 41 today