Full-Time Parish Secretary
The duties and responsibilities that follow are representative of the job and are not “all-inclusive”. The areas in bold and ALL CAPS are essential functions of the position.
HOSPITALITY AND CLERICAL
– Parish Office Welcome: greets and assists all individuals who come into the Parish
Office; facilitates all incoming phone calls to the Parish Office.
– Mail: sorts and distributes mail, packages and forms received by the Parish Office from all sources.
– Office Supplies: receives and processes all Church staff order requests; distributes order contents upon delivery; troubleshoots order requests as needed.
– Sacramental Records: processes sacramental record certificate copy requests; documents sacramental notifications received from external parishes in baptismal registries.
– Church Calendar “Gatekeeper”: receives, processes, archives and troubleshoots all event reservation requests approved and submitted by Church staff, groups and
ministries; populates and maintains the Maintenance, Parish Life and Public calendars for all Church events.
– Mass Intentions: schedules Mass intentions; maintains annual Mass Intentions database.
– Calendaring Meeting: conducts event conflict review for entire upcoming fiscal year in preparation for annual Calendaring Meeting; facilitates annual Calendaring Meeting; communicates, receives, processes and archives all Church event conflict resolutions following annual Calendaring Meeting.
– Administrative Support: provides primary administrative support to the Director of Pastoral Care for: Funerals, Homebound Ministry, Pen Pals and Stephen Ministry.
– Funerals: schedules youth or adult funeral altar servers as needed.
– superior telephone manners and strong interpersonal skills
– excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
– ability to collaborate, prioritize as well as multi-task within allotted times and schedules, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
– organized and analytically minded
– diplomatic, trustworthy, honest and able to exercise absolute discretion and good
judgement with parish information
– proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel, Outlook and Word
– ability and willingness to learn new parish activities and procedures
– a positive, helpful attitude always, even during difficult times and times when exposed to negative influences
– safe use of all office machines
– some light lifting required
Job Qualifications: The Parish Secretary at Our Lady of Grace (OLG) Catholic Church performs a high volume and variety of general office administrative duties, serving the entire parish community with courtesy, efficiency and patience; collaborates with OLG Administration, Staff and volunteers in all areas of Parish Office management, maintenance and service to OLG parishioners and the public at-large; provides training and a spirit of cooperation when working with OLG Administration, Staff and volunteers; recognizes when situations require more effort; seeks approval to put additional time in if needed; satisfies responsibilities in an accountable, accurate and timely manner; provides an example of punctuality and attendance; generally ensures that all is ready and taken care of. Employment in and by the church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. This position does not require that the employee be a Catholic. It is expected, however, that non-Catholic employees will respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodations for the religious practice of non-Catholic will similarly be provided.
Organizational Name: Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
Organizational City: Edina
Position Contact Name: Jason Godin
Position Contact Title: Office Manager
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-929-3317 x9039
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease email your cover letter and resumé/CV as attachments to Jason Godin at email@example.com
1051 total views, 11 today