Full-Time Parish Secretary
The Parish Secretary at Our Lady of Grace (OLG) Catholic Church serves the entire parish community with courtesy, efficiency and patience; collaborates with OLG Staff and volunteers in all areas of office management, maintenance and service to OLG parishioners and the public at-large; acts as a support person to the Priest(s), Business Administrator and Office Manager; provides training and a spirit of cooperation when working with OLG Staff and volunteers; recognizes when situations require more effort; seeks approval to put more time in if needed; satisfies responsibilities in a timely manner; provides an example of punctuality and attendance; generally ensures that all is ready and taken care of.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. This position does not require that the employee be a Catholic. It is expected, however, that non-Catholic employees will respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodations for the religious practice of non-Catholic will similarly be provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities that follow are representative of the job and are not “all-inclusive”. The areas in bold and ALL CAPS are essential functions of the position.
- Church Calendar “Gatekeeper”: receives, processes, archives and troubleshoots all event reservation requests approved and submitted by Church staff; populates and maintains the Maintenance, Parish Life and Public calendars for all Church events.
- Parish Calendaring Meeting: conducts event conflict review for entire upcoming fiscal year in preparation for annual meeting; facilitates annual meeting; communicates, receives, processes and archives all Church event conflict resolutions following annual meeting.
- Front Desk Support: daily assists Front Desk Receptionist with their workflow, particularly during busy times; daily covers Front Desk Receptionist during their lunch break.
- Office Supplies: receives and processes all Church staff order requests; distributes order contents upon delivery; troubleshoots order requests as needed.
- Database Entry: receives, accurately inputs and updates demographic and ministry data into relevant parish database records from digital and hard copy sources; retrieves and assists in reporting of demographic and ministry data from database records as requested; complies with data identification, storage, provision, processing and governance policies.
- Advancement: provides general administrative support to the Director of Advancement.
- Pastoral Care: provides primary administrative support to the Director of Pastoral Care for: Funeral Planning, Homebound Ministry, Pen Pals and Stephen Ministry.
- Marriage Preparation: provides general administrative support to Director of Marriage and Family for engaged couples.
- maintains a positive, helpful attitude always, even during difficult times and times when exposed to negative influences
- must be organized, analytically-minded and able to multi-task
- must communicate effectively (speaking and writing) to assist others
- proficiency in MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word
- must be able to work collaboratively and prioritize tasks
- must be accountable in executing accurate work within allotted times and schedules
- ability to learn parish activities and procedures
- trustworthy, honest and exercise absolute discretion with parish information
- safe use of all office machines
- some light lifting required
Organizational Name: Our Lady of Grace
Organizational City: Edina
Position Contact Name: Jason Godin
Position Contact Title: Office Manager
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-929-3317 x9039
Submitter Name: Jason Godin
Submitter Title: Office Manager
Submitter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitter Phone: 952-929-3317 x9039
Deadline: Until Filled
Salary / Range: To Be Determined
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease submit a cover letter and resume to:
Jason Godin, Office Manager
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
5071 Eden Ave
Edina, MN 55436
146 total views, 1 today