Full-Time Parish Maintenance Director/Custodian
The Church of St. Dominic and St. Dominic School are hiring a full time Maintenance Director/Custodian. The hours for this position will be split between the church and the school.
Position Title: Parish Maintenance Director/Custodian
Reports to Title: Principal, Pastor, Maintenance Committee
Provides work direction to: custodial staff, volunteers
FLSA: Full-time 40 hours per week, Exempt
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. This position does not require that the employee be a Catholic. It is expected that all employees respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.
I. Building Maintenance
- Follow all daily, weekly, monthly and annual cleaning responsibilities. These responsibilities include but are not limited to sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning windows, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and helping teachers with their needs.
- Assist with small repairs as necessary.
- Work with school and parish staff set up and take down for events.
- Respond courteously to parishioner opinions and requests.
- Deal with school students in a friendly and positive way each day.
- Understand and follow school safety protocols for fire drills, lockdowns, and handling bodily fluids.
II. HVAC Equipment Maintenance
- Assist the Maintenance Committee and outside vendors with boiler set up and take down annually.
- Assist with all necessary boiler/chiller and air handler maintenance as necessary.
III. Grounds Care
- Working with custodial staff and outside vendors to keep all grass mowed and trimmed, shrubs, trimmed, identify trees that need to be trimmed or removed, and apply fertilizer as needed.
- In the winter assist custodial staff with all snow removal tasks.
IV. Work hours/Office Duties
- Must be present and ready to work at the time designated by the Principal.
- Follow all parish and archdiocesan guidelines for handling money and submitting bills.
- Volunteer management: describe opportunities, recruit, supervise, manage education and recognize
- Attend staff meetings and participate in annual performance reviews
- Maintain boiler’s license
- Remain current in areas of maintenance
- Includes other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved/assigned by the supervisor
V. All other tasks
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive. More detailed listings of duties and tasks are outlined in supplemental documents including those in the employee manual, posted procedures etc.
Job Qualifications: • An understanding of building trades with basic experience in carpentry, electrician and plumbing. • A boiler’s license or willingness to obtain one is required. • Excellent oral and written communication skills. • Able to use all lawn care and snow removal equipment including manual snow shoveling. • Commitment to growing personally, professionally, and spiritually. • Valid Minnesota Drivers’ license and car. • Availability for evening and weekend hours is required • Compliance with all Archdiocesan Safe Environment requirements for parish employees. • Dependable and punctual Mental Demands: • A positive and helpful attitude at all times, even during difficult times • Confidentiality, integrity and honesty • Ability to work under pressure with many interruptions and use time well • Maintaining a positive and helpful attitude at all times, even during difficult times • Ability to plan, organize and meet deadlines • Ability to work independently • Demonstrated ability to work well with others Physical Demands: • Pushing, pulling, bending and ability to lift 50 lbs. • Ability to run cleaning machines • To be able to climb stairs and ladders and to work at heights • Ability to be on feet for extended periods of time • Execution of tasks that require repetitive motion • Ability to operate tools and equipment in a safe and effective manner • Successful completion of pre-employment physical • Work required hours to meet needs of position
Organizational Name: Church of St. Dominic and School
Organizational City: Northfield
Position Contact Name: Dawn Biren
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 507-645-8136
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyPlease email a letter of interest, work history and references to Dawn Biren, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will be posted until it is filled.
527 total views, 16 today