Full-Time Parish Life and Faith Formation Coordinator
Parish Life and Faith Formation Cluster Administrator
St Joseph and Our Lady of the Lakes Catholic Church Cluster
We the Roman Catholic Faith Community of St. Joseph Church in Amery and Our Lady of the Lakes in Balsam Lake Wisconsin, declare our parish mission is to know God, to love Him and to serve Him in this world. We pursue this mission by celebrating the Eucharist and sharing our faith, love, time, talents and treasures with our families, our communities and the world. Our vision: Serving God by Serving His People.
The Cluster Parishes have developed a leadership position to work closely with the pastor and parish community to optimally fulfill this mission and vision. This position maximizes financial and human resources through an efficient combination of functions and responsibilities as described herein. The position can also be modified to encompass the needs of 1-2 additional parishes should our cluster expand.
We understand that a Parish Life Coordinator (PLC) is appointed by the diocesan bishop and acts as a delegate of the supervising Cluster Pastor in all pastoral and administrative matters not reserved to the supervising Cluster Pastor by the Bishop. A portion of this new position will include PLC responsibilities and as such, is being submitted to the Bishop for approval.
This full time position combines the functions of Parish Life, Business/financial planning and supervision and Faith Formation Programs. The position reports to the Pastor of our Parish Cluster and teams with him on matters for consideration by the Pastoral and Finance Councils.
- Parish Life
The Parish Life and Faith Formation Cluster Administrator is chosen as a qualified professional whose life is rooted in gospel values and is responsive to Jesus’ call to discipleship. He is committed to service within the Church and is able to assist the pastor with day-to-day pastoral care.
The Parish Life and Faith Formation Cluster Administrator serves in a key cluster management position. Together with the pastor, the Cluster Administrator ensures that the pastoral and administrative needs of the Parish Cluster are met. The following list is an overview of responsibilities for this portion of the position:
- Promote growth of parishes through evangelization and spiritual renewal within the cluster communities.
- Support full and active participation of the community in celebration of liturgy and sacraments.
- Contribute to parish needs assessment, planning, communication and decision making. Support the work of the long range plan and annual ministry objectives.
- Provide leadership to Parish outreach and social justice.
- Assist with parish sacramental preparation, planning for liturgies and liturgical seasons.
- Assist at wakes and funerals, as needed.
- Lead communal prayer when liturgically appropriate.
- Provide oversight to lay minister leaders, assuring appropriate training and supervision is given to all lay ministers.
- Ensure access to appropriate resources for persons in need.
- Cooperate in ecumenical programs and projects.
- Represent St. Joseph Church at the local Ministerium and actively participate in community projects representative of our mission and vision.
- Oversee schedule for visits to nursing homes, hospitals, and shut-ins, partnering with the pastor.
- Assist the pastor in areas deemed relevant to the fulfillment of our mission and vision.
- Business/financial planning and supervision
The Parish Life and Faith Formation Cluster Administrator works closely with the pastor in overseeing all financial aspects of the parishes, including, but not limited to collections, budgets, payroll, insurance, all secular business matters.
- Plan with ministries and develop a budget that seeks to fulfill the long range plan and ministry goals.
- Direct the preparation of financial statements on a regular basis and provide analysis of variances from the budget. Discuss monthly parish income statement and balance sheet with Cluster Pastor and Chair of Finance Council.
- Plan bimonthly Finance Council meetings in partnership with the Cluster Pastor and Chair of Finance Council.
- Coordinate audits, internal controls, investments, insurance, etc.
- Supervise bookkeeping function and ensure that appropriate parish accounting systems are used.
- Oversee parish finances and fund raising activities.
- Oversee parish buildings and maintenance.
- Supervise the maintenance of parish records and files.
- Approve parish bulletin and other communications.
- Supervise or delegate supervision of all parish employees and provides for their evaluations.
- Assure that the Cluster Pastor is adequately informed of major plans, concerns and general operations of the parish.
- Supervise office staff.
- Faith Formation (FF) Programs
The Parish Life and Faith Formation Cluster Administrator directs of all aspects of our Cluster’s Faith Formation and Sacramental Preparation programs from preschool through high school, as well as working with the Cluster Pastor on adult faith formation opportunities.
- Give direct support to FF catechists at all levels. This means assisting and directing a variety of volunteer personalities and assisting in their deepening of knowledge in the Catholic faith.
- Ensure that FF volunteers have completed background checks, required training and submitted all required paperwork.
- Supervise coordinator for Vacation Bible School and approve annual curriculum.
- Oversee and implement high school programs, including summer mission programs, national and regional Catholic youth gatherings, Extreme Faith Camp, and other youth ministry opportunities
- Plan and coordinate sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation/ First Communion, Confirmation, and RCIA in conformance with Diocesan standards.
- Implement system for developing and tracking FF calendars, registrations, department purchasing, and budgets.
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for adult faith formation working with volunteer leadership for adult education courses.
- Provide supervision and approve plans for parish outreach programs for families including annual St. Nicholas Party.
- Quarterly review program’s effectiveness with the pastor.
- Supervise all FF Coordinators
This person must be prepared professionally with a degree or acceptable equivalent, in the judgment of the bishop, in theology, scripture, pastoral ministry, religious education, administration, morality, spirituality, liturgy or Canon Law. Experience should include:
- Assisting at liturgical functions.
Conducting services of the Word.
C. Conducting Communion Services
D. Ministering to the sick, dying and bereaved.
E. Participating in administrative services.
F. Participating in planning and implementing programs such as educational, social service and ecumenical ministries.
- Faith Formation leadership for all age groups with enthusiasm for and strengths in direct work with adolescents and their families;
- Strong financial planning and implementation skills
- Community building skills with appreciation for a diversity of ministries to respond to needs of individuals in the pastoral communities
- Skills that demonstrate the individual is well organized and effective in dealing with other parish employees, pastoral ministers and the public.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Job Qualifications: Parish Life and Faith Formation Cluster Administrator We the Roman Catholic Faith Community of St. Joseph Church in Amery and Our Lady of the Lakes in Balsam Lake Wisconsin, declare our parish mission is to know God, to love Him and to serve Him in this world. Our vision: Serving God by Serving His People. This full-time position combines the functions of Parish Life, Business/financial planning and supervision and Faith Formation Programs. The position reports to the Pastor of our Parish Cluster and teams with him on matters for consideration by the Pastoral and Finance Councils. Qualifications: This person must be prepared professionally with a degree or acceptable equivalent, in the judgment of the bishop, in theology, scripture, pastoral ministry, religious education, and administration. Preference will be given to Deacons. Experience should include pastoral ministry, program administration, Faith Formation leadership for all age groups and direct work with adolescents and their families; strong financial background and skills that demonstrate organization and effectiveness in dealing with other parish employees, pastoral ministers and the public. A full job description is available for review. To request a job description or to apply for the position, email resume and cover letter to Nancy Anne Kalista, Parish Council Chair @firstname.lastname@example.org. DEADLINE FOR APPLICANTS IS TUESDAY, JUNE 24, 2020.
Organizational Name: St. Joseph Church
Organizational City: Amery, WI
Position Contact Name: Nancy Anne Kalista
Position Contact Title: Pastoral Council Chair and Servant Leader
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 7158089286
Submitter Name: Nancy Anne Kalista
Submitter Title: Pastoral Council Chair and Servant Leader
Submitter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitter Phone: 7158089286
Deadline: June 24, 2020
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyApply via email with resume and why you feel you would be an excellent candidate for the position.
1257 total views, 4 today