Part-Time Office Coordinator
Mary’s Pence is a faith based feminist organization inspired by Catholic Social teachings. Believing we are each called to make the world a better place, we support women in the Americas through both social and economic development. Our commitment to justice motivates our work. We are grateful to walk alongside people of all faiths and beliefs on this journey toward justice.
Mary’s Pence has a staff of 8, three full time and two part time people based in St. Paul, and three staff members in Latin America. This position works closely with the executive director and staff, board members and volunteers. Learn more about Mary’s Pence at www.maryspence.org, and review a copy of our annual report at www.maryspence.org/about/financials.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an Office Coordinator to support staff and manage office procedures.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks, especially including updating and using our donor database, and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be a self-starter, well organized, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people and varied work.
- Assistant to executive director and staff
- Preparation of reports and documents, including formatting and editing.
- Preparation for meetings, including logistics scheduling and materials preparation. This includes coordinating board meetings, scheduling committee meetings, making travel arrangements, preparing remote call-in technology, taking meeting minutes, tracking meeting follow-up items, and coordinating materials for each meeting.
- Office management
- Answer phone and greet visitors, process mail.
- Serve as vendor liaison, including evaluating vendors periodically – get quotes, compare options, make recommendations.
- Track and order supplies.
- Complete and coordinate special projects and research assignments as needed.
- Periodically go to post office to drop off packages or mailings, and to local stores to purchase supplies.
- Outreach and events
- Manage logistics of events and travel including completing registrations, reservations and travel arrangements; prepare and pack materials for events and tabling.
- Handle communications, invitations (email and direct mail) and RSVPS for donor events.
- Periodically update website, using WordPress, and social media.
- Periodically manage fundraising mailings, including mail merge, printing and preparing materials, managing volunteers, and completing post office bulk mailing requirements.
- Participate as needed in local events and conferences where Mary’s Pence has an exhibit table or presentation, creating local visibility for the organization.
- Donor Database Management
- Maintain accurate donor data in donor database system (DonorPerfect).
- Export data for mailings, reports and other staff needs.
- Prepare, analyze and present data and reports useful to staff in strategizing and managing donor relations.
- Understand the system and work with team to ensure accurate data and effective use of the system.
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience in an administrative support role.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing projects and tasks.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and be adaptable to changing situations.
- Computers and technology:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Calendar.
- Experience with database management tools (we use Donor Perfect).
- Experience with Constant Contact (group email platform), InDesign and WordPress helpful.
- Strong ability to learn new technology quickly and accurately is a must.
- Excellent communication skills, including written and face-to-face interaction.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Values and Work Style
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with executive director, staff, and board members.
- Flexible work style, willing to give and take, willing to flex to the tasks needed. Comfortable in a small “everyone pitches in” office environment.
- Ability to work with a team of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to handle confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Passion for social justice, particularly women’s issues in North and Central America.
Mary’s Pence is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more diverse we are the better our work will be.
Compensation and Benefits
Hours: Part-time: 20-30 hours per week with some hours in office each day (occasional flexibility).
Salary: based on experience ($16-$20 per hour; paid monthly). Simple IRA available with a match of up to 3% of pay.
Deadline: until filled
Location: 275 East 4th Street, #510, St. Paul, MN 55101
The office is located in Lowertown St. Paul, directly off the Green Line of the light rail. Activities/attractions in Lowertown include the Art Crawl, Music in Mears Park, many restaurants and music venues, the Farmer’s Market and the Saint’s baseball stadium.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Robyn Browning at firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizational Name: Mary's Pence
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: Robyn Browning
Position Contact Title: Grants Manager
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-788-9869
Salary / Range: $16-20 per hour
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplySend resume and cover letter to Robyn Browning at firstname.lastname@example.org
902 total views, 10 today