Part-Time Music Teacher
Nativity of Mary is a PK-8 school with a rich tradition of excellence. We seek a .7 FTE in pre-K-4th grade classroom music and 5th-8th grade choir.
Nativity of Mary School provides a Catholic education that fosters academic excellence and spiritual growth while preparing students to become responsible citizens in a global society. Committed to educational excellence, we provide a comprehensive curriculum with meaningful and challenging instruction. Nativity of Mary provides a supportive environment emphasizing spiritual growth, social interest, peace, justice, and respect for diversity. We empower our students with the tools, skills, and knowledge to be relevant Christians in an ever-changing society.
An employee at Nativity of Mary is first and foremost a formator of youth. We seek a candidate who will meet the unique needs of each student academically, socially, emotionally, and spiritually. Music is a unique way that students connect with each other and to their school/faith community, and it is our hope that the music teacher in this position will serve as both leader and mentor to students throughout their time at Nativity.
With this framework in mind, professional responsibilities include:
- Helping students grow in their enjoyment, appreciation, and performance of music through a variety of planned music experiences, including singing, moving to music, playing instruments, and listening.
- Leading Pre K-4th grade general music classrooms
- Rehearsing Middle School choirs
- Planning, preparing, and executing concerts
- Coordinating with the Director of Liturgical Music in planning and directing choirs for weekly school mass liturgies
- Willingness to assist in school liturgies, theatrical performances, and other school programs
- Collaborating with staff to provide comprehensive education and support to all students
- Seeking a standard of excellence in music education, challenging students to reach their potential in musical expression and skill mastery
Passion for working with elementary and middle school youth.
Willingness to work collaboratively with students, parents, and staff community.
Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development.
Zeal for connecting faith and music both in the classroom and in liturgies.
Experience in coordinating and directing choral events and programs.
Experience teaching and rehearsing youth of many ages.
MN State Teaching License
Bachelors (or higher) degree in music or music education
Strong piano and vocal skills
Background in rehearsing elementary and adolescent voices
Experience in liturgical planning and performance
Ability to teach handbells, arrange music, and accompany on piano
Experience developing a standards based curriculum
Knowledge of Orff and Kodaly methods
Organizational Name: Nativity of Mary Catholic School
Organizational City: Bloomington
Position Contact Name: Ryan Pajak
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-881-8160
Benefits: Not Included
Experience: Information Not Provided
School Enrollment: 251-400
Minnesota Teacher's License: Preferred
Number of Classrooms: 11-25
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyWe are looking to fill the position immediately. If interested, please email Ryan Pajak @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
805 total views, 1 today