Full-Time Music Minister
The Music Minister is a pastoral musician, of service to the church at prayer, who shares faith, serves the community and expresses the love of God and neighbor through music.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plan liturgical music for celebrations of the Eucharist on Sundays and holy days.
• Consult the Pastor regarding music planning at least on a monthly basis.
• Assure that all Sunday and holy day liturgical celebrations have appropriate music and schedule musicians and/or cantors.
• Arrange for musicians and/or cantors for Masses at which the Music Minister cannot be present; these will be compensated at a standard rate as the budget permits.
• Lead regular rehearsals for all Choirs.
• Rehearse with the cantors and musicians as needed.
• Encourage parishioners to participate and involve them in music at Masses.
• Meet with engaged couples to plan appropriate music for all parish weddings.
• Provide liturgical music for parish funerals and assist with the planning as requested.
• Oversee the maintenance needs of all music equipment.
• Other duties as may be requested by the Pastor.
The Church of St. Francis of Assisi is a vibrant, faith-filled community, made up of many people from diverse backgrounds and cultures, located in Rochester, MN. Together, we share our love of God – and are strengthened by that love to go out and live our lives according to the Gospel. The celebration of the Eucharist is the center of our parish life. From the Eucharist all aspects of life flow. We are a parish of almost 1000 families and still growing, building upon the rich heritage of the past and committed to our charge by God for the future.
Job Qualifications: • Thorough knowledge of liturgical music and an understanding of how music is integral to, yet serves, the liturgy. • Understanding of the Catholic Church and Her liturgy. • Ability to plan music for the liturgies and execute these plans successfully. • Ability to communicate and work with people which facilitates the greater involvement of parishioners in liturgical music offerings. • Willingness to collaborate with the Pastor and staff.
Organizational Name: Church of St. Francis of Assisi
Organizational City: Rochester, MN
Position Contact Name: Sarah Kinsman
Position Contact Title: Administrator
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: (507)288-7313
Submitter Name: Brian Kusek
Submitter Title: Coordinator of Faith Formation
Submitter Email: email@example.com
Submitter Phone: (507)288-7313
Setting: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to ApplyPlease contact the Parish Administrator with resume, cover letter, and references.
170 total views, 9 today