Full-Time Mission and Discipleship Admin Assistant
- Responsible for the collection, recording, filing, and maintenance of all Mission and Discipleship records throughout the year.
- Enter all Faith Formation registrations into Ministry Tracker, updating student information as necessary.
- Collect, count, record, and deposit all payments and fees for various Faith Formation programs.
- Maintain spreadsheet recording tuition assistance given, scholarship monies paid out, and payments not received; update as needed.
- Update, print, copy, and distribute all class lists through Ministry Tracker.
- Enter and maintain activity records for all Faith Formation volunteer positions.
- Collaborate with Our Lady of Grace’s OPCY Site Coordinator to ensure that Faith Formation and Youth Ministry volunteer records are current.
- Maintain registrations for all Adult Formation programs, Vacation Bible School, Youth Ministry events, and other special Faith Formation activities. Collect, count, record, and deposit all payments and fees, as necessary.
- Collect and record required documents (Baptismal certificates, First Sacraments, and Confirmation paperwork, etc).
- Update parish sacramental records for sacraments of First Eucharist and Confirmation, including Profession of Faith.
- Responsible for maintaining correspondence with Mission and Discipleship staff, participants, volunteers, and interested parties regarding program activities in various ways including:
- Phone work (answering questions).
- Email (publicity of upcoming events, event reminders, etc.).
- Letters (program information, flyers, memos, etc.).
- Creating, updating, distributing, and maintaining correspondence with volunteer ministers regarding job descriptions, schedules, and reminders.
- Mission and Discipleship Materials:
- Design, layout, creation, and reproduction of flyers, posters, invitations, newsletters, and other materials, as needed.
- Copy and assemble materials (binders, folders, packets, etc), as needed.
- Review and edit outgoing program materials, as needed.
- Copy materials as requested by catechists or other volunteer ministers, as needed.
- Baptism Ministry:
- Prepare Baptism Preparation Session materials.
- Manage Baptism Preparation Session registration, including record keeping.
- Manage Sacrament of Baptism sign-up.
- Manage relevant paperwork, including making certificates and the official recording of the Baptism in the parish sacramental records.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for all questions.
- Staff Liaison to the Parish Library:
- Work with Volunteer Library Team.
- Check Library once a week to ensure orderliness and possible donations.
- Sort through donations and put the “good fits” into circulation.
- Order Library materials (books, DVDs, CDs, etc), as needed.
- Miscellaneous Admin Assistance including:
- Help Pastoral Associate for Mission and Discipleship, and other Mission and Discipleship staff, to look ahead and prepare for upcoming events.
- Be present to assist the Director of Faith Formation as needed during children’s Faith Formation classes (Wednesday evenings 6:00-7:15pm).
- Maintaining accurate master Mission and Discipleship calendar; note changes and update frequently as needed.
- Collecting documents (e.g. baptismal certificates).
- Recording in the parish sacramental records.
- Materials Preparation, as needed.
- Assist other Parish Admin Assistants with major projects, as time permits.
- Responsible for the maintenance, stocking, and upkeep of upstairs supply closet and catechist supplies (in Our Lady of Grace School classrooms):
- Conduct frequent checks of supplies and refill as necessary from approved office supply vendors.
- Order supplies as needed with direction from Faith Formation staff.
- Clean out and restock catechist supplies during the summer months.
Job Qualifications: 1) Desire to help lead families of the Parish to become authentic disciples of Jesus Christ. 2) Live a basic lifestyle consistent with Church teaching, so as to be a role model for families. 3) Have a sound understanding of Catholic Tradition and Scripture. 4) Experience working in admin assistant environment. 4) Demonstrated skills, interest and aptitude in the Microsoft suite of applications. 5) Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks as demands for projects ebb and flow, to accomplish tasks within allotted times and schedules. 6) Solid communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills with ability to initiate and problem solve.
Organizational Name: Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church
Organizational City: Edina
Position Contact Name: Sean Lavell
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-929-3317
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyThank you for your interest in this position! Please submit your resume and cover letter to Sean Lavell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1931 total views, 1 today