Full-Time Middle School Teacher
St. Croix Catholic School is accepting applications for a Middle School teaching position. Candidate must have the ability to teach in two of the following core content areas, including Language Arts, History, and/or Science.
Job Purpose: The Catholic school teacher is a highly skilled professional who works in close collaboration with the Principal so that he/she may effectively fulfill the various roles that must be assumed during the course of the teaching day. Each teacher who enters into an agreement with St. Croix Catholic School agrees to follow the Mission and Philosophy of the school and to work toward educational goals. The different instructional and non-instructional roles that a teacher plays should be permeated by a Christ-like orientation which is seen daily in what the teacher says and does in his/her classroom environment and in the larger school community.
- Instructs children in the teachings of the Catholic Church by word and example.
- Establishes the teaching of religion and the internalization of the life of virtue as the highest priority of the school.
- Engages the student(s) in learning through the preparation of lesson plans that respond to a variety of learning styles, incorporating technology when applicable.
- Helps students see the connectedness of all learning by developing integrated approaches to learning and by providing adjustments to the curriculum to meet students’ needs and abilities.
- Creates a Christ-like classroom atmosphere in which each child’s personal dignity is respected.
- Attempts to meet individual needs through individualized or small group instruction.
- Displays children’s work in the classroom and in the hall.
- Maintains a neat and orderly classroom.
- Plans interesting and varied approaches when presenting content and materials.
- Prepares questions for discussion.
- Correlates home assignments with lessons taught.
- Provides experiences which incorporate the use of the Seven Multiple Intelligences into the learning environment.
- Engages in long-range as well as weekly planning.
Other duties as assigned.
Full job description available upon request.
Job Qualifications: 1. To have and maintain a current teaching license. 2. A commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church and St. Croix Catholic School. 3. An ability to communicate effectively with St. Croix Catholic School students, parents, staff, administration and the tri-parish communities. 4. Ability to work together and maintain a collegial atmosphere in and out of the classroom.
Organizational Name: St. Croix Catholic School
Organizational City: Stillwater
Position Contact Name: Cindi Rutten
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-379-1265
School Enrollment: 101-250
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 11-25
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyInterested applicants, please submit a letter of interest and resume to Cindi Rutten, Business & Human Resources Manager at email@example.com.
982 total views, 5 today