Full-Time Middle School Science Teacher
- Support the mission, philosophy and goals of Carondelet Catholic School.
- Understand, support and live the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Carondelet Employee Handbook, the School Faculty and Staff Manual, and Parent/Student Handbook..
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and use technology in the classroom.
- Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with a variety of situations.
- Give evidence of physical and mental vigor.
- Work cooperatively with grade partners, and special project teams and committees.
- Be familiar with school, city and state regulations and policies regarding health and safety in a school environment.
- Have the ability to react in emergency situations in the classroom, building and school/Church grounds.
- Enhance professional and spiritual growth by participating in professional development opportunities.
- Be present, on time and prepared to meet the needs of students and fulfill the responsibilities assigned.
- Be prompt with reports and forms requested by the administration.
- Dress to maintain a professional appearance.
- Be available for consultation, phone calls and planning a minimum of 30 minutes before and after student contact hours.
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and school policy.
- Actively participate in faculty, child study, curriculum, and committee meetings; and all teacher workshop days.
- Keep confidential any matters that require confidentiality.
- Be open to new ideas.
- Conduct instructional classes in the grade(s) assigned in accordance with the established curriculum.
- Prepare and implement lesson plans with clearly communicated objectives.
- Inspire and actively involve students in the learning experiences. Counsel students for purposes of improving performance, appropriate behavior, and problem solving techniques.
- Use a variety of educational resources and technology to support instruction and student growth.
- Build relationships with students, challenging and supporting students as needed.
- Use a variety of teaching strategies to meet the learning styles of all students.
- Have knowledge of content areas and demonstrate the ability to develop the curriculum within the allotted time.
- Cooperatively plan prayer and worship experiences for the school community.
- Promote and model Catholic social teachings.
- Coordinate and supervise student field trips.
- Provide regular and clearly understood student assessment and evaluation and communicate progress to parents throughout the academic year.
- Demonstrate good classroom management strategies to maintain a positive educational climate.
- Teach and model ways to resolve conflict.
- Make certain students are properly supervised during school and school sponsored activities.
- Supervise lunchroom, morning recess and/or noon recess as assigned by the principal.
- Supervise afternoon bus dismissal and after school detention as assigned by the principal.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
- Take proper care of school equipment, materials and facilities.
- Establish and maintain a classroom that is clean, attractive and physically and emotionally safe.
- Develop, communicate and implement a behavior plan that demonstrates peaceful and respectful expectations.
- Maintain appropriate communication with all members of the school and parish community.
- Promptly respond to any messages, phone calls and emails (within 24 hours).
- Regularly update voicemail message.
- Maintain regular communication with parents through newsletters, email, voice mail, conferences and progress reports.
- Actively participate in the August Open House, Parent Back to School Night, Admission Open House, parent conferences and Catholic Schools Week activities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
- Move around the classroom as needed to assist students.
- Be able to move from one floor to another using stairs.
- Supervise the lunchroom, playground and dismissal as assigned.
Job Qualifications: Hold a minimum of a BA/BS or demonstrate equivalency from an accredited institution. Have and maintain a Minnesota teaching license or meet the requirements of the Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (MNSAA). Teaching experience and certification in the area you teach (or willing to pursue certification immediately). Complete a background check with no history of substantiated child abuse or neglect and attend a VIRTUS training session prior to employment. Maintain current Bloodborne Pathogen certification. Carries out these duties and responsibilities in support of the Mission Statement and philosophy of Carondelet Catholic School.
Organizational Name: Carondelet Catholic School
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Mary Yamoah
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: (612) 927-8673
School Enrollment: 251-400
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyTo apply for this position please send cover letter, resume, and 3 letters of recommendations to Principal, Mary Yamoah, at email@example.com. Interviews will begin immediately.
384 total views, 1 today