Full-Time Middle School Science & Math
Guardian Angels is a vibrant, joy-filled PK-8 Catholic school and community located in Chaska, MN. The Catholic faith permeates everything that we do and is the cornerstone of our mission.
For over 100 years, Guardian Angels School has seen 5 generations of families attend our school that has a strong Catholic tradition. The school families and parishioners are the heart of this community. The parishioners are extremely supportive of the school. The school has an active PTO that helps with fundraising, marketing, family events, and community building. It is a great community in which to live and work.
We are a Catholic school, seeking academic excellence. We are looking for a qualified candidate to teach basic 6th grade math, pre-algebra and science for Grades 6-8.
Time Expectations: A teacher must…
- Spend adequate time for the preparation of lessons, maintain a positive learning environment, and consistent communication with parent/guardians.
- Spend adequate time for providing proper assessment and record keeping of children’s work and proper resetting of the learning environment.
- Commit time to professional development and training toward the achievement of personal and school goals.
- Collaborate with the middle school teaching team.
- Continue to develop curriculum to enhance and improve student learning.
- Maintain all records, reports, evaluations, assessments, and student records as required by the Principal.
- Report and implement disciplinary actions for inappropriate behavior as noted in the school’s disciplinary policy in Guardian Angels’ School Handbook.
- Understand, share, and accept the responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
- Ensure Archdiocesan and licensing standards are met through the development of lessons to support a safe environment for children.
- Make sure the environment is safe per the school’s risk management and emergency plans.
- Cooperate with the Principal to adhere to budget and spending guidelines as well as proper procedures for child safety.
- Attend and help supervise at school functions outside of the school day and/or off campus as required.
- Support the school’s mission, purposes, and objectives in a positive manner to parents and outside constituents.
- Facilitate conferences, meetings, and communication throughout the school year with parents/guardians.
- Help coordinate, attend and implement ongoing formation for parents, i.e. parent education nights, open houses, curriculum nights, etc.
- Supervise co-curricular activities and events during the school day.
- Assist the Principal with recruitment efforts, including the welcoming of parent and student visitors.
- Attend weekly staff and guide meetings, workshops, and professional development opportunities as required by or in consultation with the Principal.
Job Qualifications: 1. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in education, math, and/or science. A teaching license is required. 2. Love God and desire to share their faith with others. 3. Love children and desire to help them in their personal character, virtue, and faith development. 4. Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency. 5. Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, respecting and supporting colleagues and using proper procedures for grievances. 6. Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, goodwill, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children. 7. Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality.
Organizational Name: Guardian Angels
Organizational City: Chaska
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter and resume to Sue Lovegreen via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail: Guardian Angels Catholic School, 217 W 2nd Street, Chaska, MN 55318
168 total views, 1 today