Negotiable / To Be Determined Math Teacher
Purpose of Position
To provide academic instruction in Mathematics to the students grades fifth through eighth grade
TEACHING and LEARNING:
- Be responsible for the teaching of assigned classes in the locations and during the times designated.
- Prepare for assigned classes and have lesson plans available for the principal to view.
- Instruct students within the designated curriculum developed for Presentation of Mary School.
- Use a variety of educational strategies and techniques in an effort to meet the needs of all learners in the classroom.
- Assess the accomplishments of students and provide progress reports to parents on a regular basis.
- Exhibit competence in age appropriate instructional methods and knowledge of subject matter being taught.
- Develop/review and modify curriculum each year for each subject taught to meet the needs of all students as well as participate fully in the curriculum review procedure within the guidelines and timetable set by the principal.
SUPERVISION and CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT:
- Ensure students are properly supervised during school, student arrival and departure times and at school sponsored functions.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students from emotional or physical harm.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect school equipment, materials and facilities from harm or vandalism.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, school policy and/or administrative requirements.
- Assist and support school administration in developing and implementing policies and rules governing student life, conduct and behavior.
- Establish and maintain a classroom environment which is conductive to learning and appropriate to the development age and interest of the students.
- Develop rules of classroom behavior and procedures that maintain order in a fair and just manner consistent with school policy.
- Assist with recess, lunchroom, transportation
Job Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in education, Mathematics (Major/Minor) Preferred: MN Teaching License in Math, eligibility for a provisional MN license, Middle School Endorsement, GPA: 3.0-4.0 in math, member of MNCTM PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE • Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and application of general math, calculus, number theory, discrete math, fundamental of school math, linear algebra, modern algebra, geometry, data analysis and probability • Broad understanding of the scope and sequence of mathematical standards, concepts and skills and the ability to apply it to teaching and learning • Validated ability to plan lessons that incorporate lecture, demonstration, interactive learning using proven methodology for the teaching of math • Ability to use standardized test data to drive instruction • A commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church and School • Demonstrated ability to communicate positively with students, parents, staff, administration, parish community and the broader public • Demonstrated ability to work as a team player with other staff to promote the mission of the parish and school • Proficiently utilize all educational technology for teaching and learning
Organizational Name: Presentation of Mary School
Organizational City: Maplewood
Position Contact Name: Mary Kane
Position Contact Title: Co-Principal
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-842-6032
Submitter Name: Mary Kane
Submitter Title: co-principal
Submitter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitter Phone: 651-842-6032
Deadline: June 1, 2020
Benefits: Information Not Provided
School Enrollment: 101-250
Minnesota Teacher's License: Preferred
Number of Classrooms: 11-25
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyPlease send a letter of interest, resume, transcript and portfolio artifacts that demonstrate qualifications.
695 total views, 1 today