Full-Time Maintenance Technician/Custodian
- Custodial services:
- Provide courteous and prompt assistance to parishioners, students, and staff for any and all custodial needs
- Complete daily custodial services including vacuuming, dusting and cleaning, mopping all areas of the church, school, and offices.
- Clean restrooms daily for school, as needed for church and offices, including wet mopping, sanitizing, and stocking supplies like toilet paper.
- Maintain a daily cleaning schedule for all areas of facility
- Replenish all supplies
- Operate cleaning, mowing, and snow equipment as required by the season of the year
- Assist with maintenance and monitoring:
- Complete maintenance projects as assigned
- Notice safety and security violations and report
- Monitor working condition of building utilities and HVAC equipment, notifying Lead Maintenance Technician if repairs are needed
- Regular check in with Lead Maintenance Technician
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Must be detail oriented, take direction, and work independently on tasks
- Equipment maintenance
- Use and maintain all equipment as assigned by Lead Maintenance Technician, i.e. Carpet cleaner, sidewalk blower, vacuums, snow blower, snow brush, and lawn mowers.
- Building inventory
- Report to Lead Maintenance Technician when cleaning and social hall supplies need to be reordered
- Room setups
- Review set-up work orders and parish calendar at beginning of shift
- Clean as necessary prior to room set up
- Setup rooms prior to scheduled meeting including tables chairs, AV and requested support equipment
- Respond to additional meeting setup requirements requested by meeting participants, as required
- After event, restore the room to its original state by putting tables and chairs away and cleaning and vacuuming as needed
- Security and Safety
- Walk throughout building monitoring activity on a regular basis
- Take security actions required to maintain safety and order
- Notify Excelsior/South Lake Minnetonka police and fire when necessary.
- Set and disarm alarm as needed
- Lock or unlock all doors to facility as needed, especially at end of shift.
- Replace burned out lights as possible and report any other safety concerns immediately to the Lead Maintenance Technician, Parish Administrator or Pastor.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications & Requirements of Position Qualifications 1. Prior experience as a commercial building custodian (preferred, not required) 2. 2nd class grade C engineer’s license, preferred but not required. 3. Experience working in a similar environment 4. Ability to successfully pass a physical exam 5. Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check, complete VIRTUS safe environment training, and sign a Pastoral Code of Conduct. 6. Ability to satisfactorily comply with the requirements of PACE/PRISM program of Catholic Mutual Insurance, including annual in-service training as prescribed by the parish/archdiocese. Mental Demands 1. Ability to read/comprehend manuals and work orders in English. 2. General record keeping skills. 3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. 4. Ability to work independently. Physical Demands 1. Work 40 hours per week 2. Able to stand for long periods of time 3. Able to lift up to 75 lbs. using proper techniques 4. Able to work long hours when the position demands 5. Able to participate in occasional evening and weekend meetings, events or Masses 6. Able to operate tools and equipment in a safe and proficient manner
Organizational Name: St, John the Baptist Catholic Parish
Organizational City: Excelsior
Position Contact Name: Andrea McMerty-Brummer
Position Contact Title: Parish Administrator
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-474-8868
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter, resume and professional references to Andrea McMerty-Brummer at email@example.com or via mail to St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish, 680 Mill Street, Excelsior, MN 55331
258 total views, 17 today