Full-Time Lower Elementary Assistant (Grades 1-3)
- Adhere to the mission of St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School.
- Be a practicing Roman Catholic.
- Have or build an understanding of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd and work with trained catechists in the faith formation of children. Trained catechists preferred.
- Have an understanding of the Montessori philosophy of education. Certification from the AMI Montessori Assistants’ Course preferred.
- Love God and desire to share their faith with others.
- Love children and desire to help them in their personal character, virtue, and faith development.
- Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency.
- Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, especially the Elementary Guide.
- Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, good will, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality.
- Be present to supervise children and assist the Elementary Guide on school contact days from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Commit time to professional development and training toward the achievement of personal and school goals.
- Share responsibility for the care and maintenance of classroom materials, dusting and cleaning the environment, refilling supplies, and properly storing all classroom supplies as directed by the Elementary Guide.
- Perform light janitorial work in the event of accidents, i.e. spills, bathroom accidents, illness, etc.
- Make sure the environment is safe per the school’s risk management and emergency plans and in line with governmental and accreditation requirements. Be aware of and help maintain the environment to keep children with allergies safe.
- Report and document any accidents/incidents and behavior issues and share needed information with the Classroom Guide and/or Principal.
- Work with individuals or small groups of children as directed by the Elementary Guide or Principal. May be required to substitute as needed.
- Keep current attendance records and help in the daily observation and recording of children’s work.
- Supervise daily recess and dismissal.
- Meet with the Elementary Guide weekly to discuss student and environment needs.
- Understand, share, and accept the responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
- Direct all parent communication to the Elementary Guide.
- Work with catechists to assist in the faith formation of children.
- Attend and help supervise at school functions outside of the school day and/or off campus as required.
- Help plan, organize, and supervise activities and events that occur during the school day.
- Support the school’s mission, purposes, and objectives in a positive manner to parents and outside constituents.
- Assist the Principal with recruitment efforts including the welcoming of parent and student visitors.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, assistant meetings, workshops, and professional
development opportunities as required by or in consultation with the Principal.
- Work with the Elementary Guide to complete necessary organizational tasks, i.e. birthday celebrations, snack and pantry stocking, jobs charts, and classroom celebrations.
Examples of Specific Daily Duties:
- Prior to children arriving:
-Prepare classroom per the Elementary Guide’s guidelines
-Make copies and prepare materials as needed.
- Greet children in hallway as they arrive. Supervise children as they come in and store coats, shoes, boots, etc. Monitor school uniform requirements.
- Take daily attendance.
- Join initial circle and prayer as time permits.
- Help children settle into work.
- Observe children in work areas and redirect as needed.
- Atrium or specialist supervision—when directed by the Elementary Guide
- Monitor recess.
- Participate in and/or lead daily Scripture reflection and prayer.
- Supervise afternoon clean-up.
- Assist with afternoon dismissal. Be sure to stay present with students until all children have been picked up.
- Participate in daily after school cleaning duties.
-Check children’s chore completion.
-Check for wet/dirty towels and replace with dry/clean ones.
-Refill any necessary materials for work or cleaning.
-Any other activities as designated by the Elementary Guide.
- Meet weekly with Elementary Guide to discuss student and classroom needs.
Organizational Name: St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School
Organizational City: Excelsior
Position Contact Name: Angela Wroblewski
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-474-5812
Experience: Not Required
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Not Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter and resume to Angela Wroblewski at email@example.com
404 total views, 5 today