Full-Time Lead Maintenance Technician
Job Purpose: To oversee and supervise all aspects of maintenance, safety and improvements of the parish buildings and properties, including church, school, rectory and cemetery. Work cooperatively with the pastor, business administrator, principal, faith formation director and other staff members and volunteers to provide efficient, safe, and effective pastoral and educational environment.
Statement on Working for the Catholic Church: Employment in and by the Catholic Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis, nor can it embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. It is NOT required that this employee be a Catholic, however it is expected that all employees respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodations for the religious practice of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.
- Facility and Grounds Maintenance and Cemetery Functions
- Performs work related to up-keep and repair of building(s)/operations using tools and equipment of several trades such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Perform daily inspections of all buildings to monitor the functioning of equipment.
- Participates in a preventative maintenance program to maintain building machinery and equipment in proper working condition.
- Participates in a continual work schedule to maintain a safe and healthy condition on parish property in order to achieve the best working conditions possible for all employees and parishioners.
- Maintain inventories of maintenance material, cleaning supplies, light bulbs and repair parts.
- Supervise and perform lawn and ground maintenance, snow removal, salt and sanding.
- Installs equipment necessary to improve efficiency and/or cost reduction processes and procedures.
- Responsible for proper use of safety devices and equipment. Maintains a constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices.
- Prepares purchase orders to verify project initiation, vendor scope of service and to ensure accounting clarity.
- Responds to emergency calls as necessary and reports circumstances to Business Administrator for resolution.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical problems, performs repairs and documents solutions.
- Maintain parishioners and staff satisfaction and concerns including light bulb replacement, picture hanging, lock repair, furniture moving etc.
- Performs special projects and assignments at the direction of supervisors as necessary.
- Maintains work areas, mechanical rooms, and storage areas in a clean, neat and safe condition.
- Manage and perform maintenance and operations of cemetery grounds, mausoleum and garage.
- Supervise and accurately verify, mark, prepare, open/close and restore graves before and after traditional and cremation burials. Work in coordination with grave digging contractor for traditional burials.
- Management Functions
- Plans, organizes and manages maintenance staff and volunteers in the safe and efficient operations of buildings, grounds, and systems.
- Manage maintenance budget and review appropriate invoices and approve payment.
- Manage vendors for contract services, write proposals, seek bids, and review contracts with Business Administrator.
- Ensure compliance with parish policies and procedures related to safety and risk management.
- Ensure adequate maintenance coverage at all times, including vacation and sick leave requests, holy days, holidays and parish events
Other Responsibilities: includes other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by pastor.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications 1. High school diploma or equivalent work experience including management and supervisory experience. 2. 2nd class grade C engineer’s license, preferred but not required. 3. Five years of experience as a school maintenance technician or the equivalent in maintenance services or experiences in another institution or firm. 4. Experience working in a similar environment 5. Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check, complete VIRTUS safe environment training, and sign a Pastoral Code of Conduct. 6. Ability to satisfactorily comply with the requirements of PACE/PRISM program of Catholic Mutual Insurance, including annual in-service training as prescribed by the parish/archdiocese. Mental Demands 1. Ability to read/comprehend manuals and work orders in English. 2. General record keeping skills. 3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. 4. Ability to work independently. 5. Ability to read blue prints, cemetery plot map, and mausoleum niche map. 6. Willingness to complete responsibilities of subordinate positions. Physical Demands 1. Work 40+ hours per week 2. Able to stand for long periods of time 3. Able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper techniques 4. Able to work long hours when the position demands 5. Able to participate in occasional evening and weekend meetings, events or Masses 6. Able to operate tools and equipment in a safe and proficient manner
Organizational Name: St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish
Organizational City: Excelsior
Position Contact Name: Andrea McMerty-Brummer
Position Contact Title: Parish Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-474-8868
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter, resume and professional references to Andrea McMerty-Brummer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to: St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish, 680 Mill Street, Excelsior, MN 55331
593 total views, 8 today