Full-Time Lead Custodian (Night)
Saint Thomas Academy seeks a full-time Lead Custodian (night). The qualified candidate will be willing to embrace the mission of Saint Thomas Academy.
The responsibilities of this position are to maintain a clean, sanitary and safe environment for students, staff and guests. The Night Lead Custodian coordinates shared work assignments and set ups to second shift custodial staff and serves as the Facilities point of contact when the Director of Facilities is not on premises. Must possess strong leadership qualities to promote teamwork and motivate fellow employees.
Work schedule: Wednesday thru Saturday – 2:00 pm-12:30 am
- Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that it can embarrass the Church or give rise to scandal. This position does not require that the employee be a Catholic. It is expected however that all employees will respect Catholic doctrine and religious practices. Reasonable accommodation for the religious practices of employees not of the Roman Catholic faith will similarly be provided.
- In support of the mission and goals of Saint Thomas Academy, employees will follow all school policies and procedures.
- Support Saint Thomas Academy and the St. Paul/Minneapolis Archdiocese’s mission and goals and actively articulate them to the Academy’s constituents and the wider community
- Supervise all aspects of custodial cleaning and practices.
- Train new custodial staff.
- Perform the set up/take down for events
- Perform routine and project cleaning as assigned. Duties include: vacuum and/or sweep floors, clean glass surfaces, clean and disinfect lavatory fixtures, sinks and fountains, keep paper and soap dispenser filled and functioning.
- Perform carpentry work and small painting projects as needed.
- Perform general repair and maintenance work as needed.
- Perform snow removal and grounds work as needed.
- Responsible for securing the facility including closing and locking windows, locking doors, ensuring security lights are operating, activating the security system.
- Interact with building occupants to ensure doors are open or closed, equipment needed is available, and all of their needs for the facility are met.
- Report, document and recommend corrective action for all needed repairs to the facility.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance for scheduled shifts.
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned or apparent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the representative responsibilities
- Ability to communicate with all staff and be courteous and helpful with students and general public.
- Ability to work independently or as a team
- Organizational skills and ability to work under constantly changing conditions a must
- Knowledge of requirements of maintaining school buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Knowledge of modern cleaning methods including basic methods of cleaning and preserving floors, white boards, carpets, furniture, walls and fixtures.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, tools, materials and supplies used in custodial work.
- Ability to learn custodial procedures, methods and schedules.
- Ability to maintain classrooms, offices and other school facilities in a clean, safe and secure condition.
- Ability to observe and report safety hazards and need for maintenance and repair.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing using electronic communications with site administrators and supervisor regarding custodial needs, schedules and concerns.
- This position involves standing, walking, climbing stairs, twisting, bending, stooping, squatting, and push/pull while sweeping or mopping
- Lifting requirements are of up to 60 pounds
- Work in all weather conditions: cold, inclement, warm
Job Qualifications: Education: High School diploma or GED Special Class Boiler license (or ability to obtain within 6 months) Pool License – CPO or AFO (or ability to obtain within 6 months) Strong supervisory skills Successfully completed background check Completion of pre-employment physical
Organizational Name: Saint Thomas Academy
Organizational City: Mendota Heights
Position Contact Name: Deborah Berglund
Position Contact Title: HR Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: (651)683-1513
Deadline: November 30, 2019
Experience: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyQualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and references to: Deborah Berglund, HR Payroll and Benefits Specialist, Saint Thomas Academy, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 949 Mendota Heights Road, Mendota Heights, MN 55120 Application deadline - November 30
337 total views, 5 today