Part-Time Kitchen Cook
- Mental Demands: To be present where needed, ready to work as needed to meet responsibilities. Includes recognizing when situations require more effort, seeking approval to put in more time if needed, satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner, following direction, providing an example of punctuality and attendance, and generally ensuring all is ready and taken care of.
- Communication: Maintain open communication with other kitchen staff to make for effective work.
- Cooking: Main responsibilities include preparation of the hot lunch option of the day, serving hot lunch to the students, disassemble the salad bar and hot food holding area. Document and properly store any leftover food. When necessary assist with set up of salad bar or preparation of sandwiches or snacks.
- Cleaning: Cleans and sanitizes all food prep areas. Washes and puts away trays, food prep pans, utensils, and silverware. Helps to put away food order when delivered. Does laundry for kitchen. Responsible for keeping all kitchen areas clean and in order.
- Safety: Records food temperatures for all cooked food items.
- Preparation: Set up the school cafeteria for the children’s lunch period. Prepares serving line for the hot food. Disassembles hot serving line.
- Conduct: Be in accordance with expectations and policies as outlined in the St. Peter Catholic Staff Handbook.
- Physical Demands: Fulfill all responsibilities of the job. Be able to stand for 4 hours. Be able to lift 30 pounds. Good physical condition with no apparent physical restrictions. Good range of motion, hearing, and seeing. Ability to pass pre-employment physical.
- Computer Skills: Learn and become proficient in the Educate and wholesaler food ordering software. When necessary be prepared to calculate the daily lunch count or handle Point of Service during lunch. Ability to order food from wholesaler when needed.
Job Qualifications: Mission of St. Peter Catholic School: St. Peter Catholic School, grounded in Catholic Tradition, forms students into critical thinkers, virtuous leaders, and living saints. The ideal candidate will: - support St. Peter Catholic School's mission - have a high school diploma (or GED) and a minimum of three years of relevant school nutrition experience. - support the mission of Catholic education - have a dynamic and flexible spirit - demonstrate the ability to work in a team-teaching, collegial learning environment
Organizational Name: St. Peter Catholic School
Organizational City: North St Paul
Position Contact Name: Mary Sauer
Position Contact Title: Kitchen Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-777-3091
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: Commensurate with experience
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to email@example.com Contact: Mary Sauer, Kitchen Director St. Peter Catholic School 2620 N Margaret St, North St. Paul MN 55109. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
370 total views, 5 today