Full-Time Full-Time Montessori Toddler Assistant
The assistant toddler guide will work closely with the Lead Toddler Guide. As an authentic Montessori school, St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School believes in fostering independence, self-confidence, and a lifelong love for learning. The assistant will aid in supervising and guiding children and preparing and maintaining the environment.
Toddler Assistant will…
- Share responsibility for the care and maintenance of classroom materials, dusting and cleaning the environment, refilling supplies, and properly storing all classroom supplies as directed by the Toddler Guide.
- Perform light janitorial work in the event of accidents, i.e. spills, bathroom accidents, illness, etc.
- Make sure the environment is safe per the school’s risk management and emergency plans and in line with governmental and accreditation requirements. Be aware of and help maintain the environment to keep children with allergies safe.
- Assist in diapering and toileting.
- Report and document any accidents/incidents and behavior issues and share needed information with the Classroom Guide and/or Principal.
- Work with individuals or small groups of children as directed by the Toddler Guide or Principal. May be required to substitute as needed.
- Keep current attendance records and help in the daily observation and recording of children’s work.
- Supervise daily recess.
- Meet with the Toddler Guide weekly to discuss student and environment needs.
- Understand, share, and accept the responsibility for the safety and wellbeing of the children at all times.
- Direct all parent communication to the Toddler Guide.
- Attend and help supervise at school functions outside of the school day and/or off campus as required.
- Help plan, organize, and supervise activities and events that occur during the school day.
- Support the school’s mission, purposes, and objectives in a positive manner to parents and outside constituents.
- Assist the Principal with recruitment efforts including the welcoming of parent and student visitors.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, assistant meetings, workshops, and professional development opportunities as required by or in consultation with the Principal.
- Work with the Toddler Guide to complete necessary organizational tasks, i.e. birthday celebrations, snack and pantry stocking, and classroom celebrations.
Examples of Specific Daily Duties:
- Prior to children arriving:
- Prepare classroom per the Toddler Guide’s guidelines
- Make copies and prepare materials as needed.
- Greet children in hallway as they arrive. Help them become independent with coats, shoes, boots, etc. Monitor school uniform requirements.
- Take daily attendance.
- Join initial circle and prayer as time permits.
- Help children settle into work.
- Observe children in work areas and redirect as needed.
- Assist children with toileting.
- Daily Clean-Up
- Clean up art area.
- Place all food dishes in dishwasher if needed.
- Disinfect all tables, backs and seats of chairs, doorknobs, light switches.
- Disinfect toilets and sinks in bathrooms.
- Supervise lunch set-up.
- Reinstate order to shelves.
- Check for wet/dirty towels and replace with dry/clean ones.
- Run washing machine/dryer if needed.
- Check and refill soap trays and dispensers.
- Any other activities as designated by the Toddler Guide.
- Help half-day children prepare to go home.
- Monitor outside play at the end of the morning session and wait until all children are picked up by their parent/guardian. Children are not to be left unattended and the adult-child ratio of 1:7 must be maintained.
- Meet weekly with Toddler Guide to discuss student and classroom needs.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications: Toddler Assistant shall… 1. Adhere to the mission of St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School. 2. Be a person of strong character, living by the morals of the Judeo-Christian tradition and the cardinal virtues of prudence, temperance, courage, and justice. 3. Have an understanding of the Montessori philosophy of education. 4. Love God and desire to share their faith with others. 5. Love children and desire to help them in their personal character, virtue, and faith development. 6. Be able to discipline children positively with gentleness, firmness, and consistency. 7. Be able to maintain a positive working relationship with other staff, especially the Toddler Guide. 8. Be able to maintain strong relationships with parents; characterized by mutual respect, good will, and with the understanding that parents are the primary educators of their children. 9. Maintain professionalism in speech, dress, action, and confidentiality. Time Expectations: Toddler Assistant must… ● Be present to supervise children and assist the Toddler Guide on school contact days either from 8:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. or from 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Alternative hours may be specified by the employment offer letter or with the express permission of the Principal. ● Commit time to professional development and training toward the achievement of personal and school goals.
Organizational Name: St. John the Baptist Catholic Montessori School
Organizational City: Excelsior
Position Contact Name: Angela
Position Contact Title: Wroblewski
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Submitter Name: Angela Wroblewski
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Not Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyEmail resume to Angela Wroblewski at firstname.lastname@example.org
2244 total views, 10 today