Full-Time Faith Formation Professional Team Member
In collaboration with the Pastoral Staff and the Faith Formation Action Team (FFAT), the Faith Formation Professional Team (FFPT) shall provide leadership for the design, marketing, implementation, and evaluation of relational and catechetical Faith Formation programming and events for the parish. The Faith Formation Professional Team shall be a staff presence at these events and programming. The FFPT shall share leadership of all Faith Formation with the pastor and the Faith Formation Action Team. The FFPT will have an integral part in the collaborative leadership of St. John the Baptist Catholic Church.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of Faith Formation Professional Team: Coordinate and give overall direction for the following Sacramental preparation programs: Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation, and Marriage. This includes training mentors and sponsors, preparing calendars, and coordinating paperwork for all.
- Coordinate and give overall direction of the following Faith Formation age groups:
- Children’s Liturgy of the Word (age 4+ during Mass)
- Elementary (Gr. 1-5)
- Middle School & High School (6-10)
- Young Adult through Senior Adult
This includes training catechists/table or group leaders, preparing calendars, and coordinating paperwork for all.
- Coordinate and give overall direction for youth experiences in NCYC, Camp Summit & Steubenville North.
- Coordinate and give overall direction for youth and adult experiences in mission/service opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Pastor, FFAT, and Liturgist to create and implement intergenerational faith formation community events and other children’s summer formation opportunities.
- Provide a visible pastoral presence within the parish community and create healthy relationships with those seeking sacramental and faith formation.
- Attend diocesan workshops and other outside education opportunities to continue education and strengthen knowledge of topics consistent with position.
- Assist with Initiation Ministry (RCIA).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to the position. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability. This is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Organizational Name: St John the Baptist Catholic Church
Organizational City: Mankato
Position Contact Name: Mike Logeais
Position Contact Title: Parish Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Number of Parish Households: 1,001-2,000
How to ApplyA full job description is available on our web site: http://www.stjohnscatholicchurch.com/employment.html To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to: Mike Logeais/Parish Administrator, St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 632 South Broad Street, Mankato, MN 56001 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. John the Baptist Catholic Church is located in beautiful downtown Mankato, Minnesota, a thriving community of 50,000+. Mankato boasts of many beautiful and well-maintained city parks, state parks, multiple colleges, and excellent sporting activities, shopping opportunities and fine dining. Our parish includes approximately 1150 households. We offer multiple prayer, service, and learning opportunities and encourage all members to participate in all of these areas. We are a dynamic parish in a growing, vibrant community committed to our mission to "go, make disciples."
723 total views, 4 today