Full-Time Faith Formation Coordinator
Church of Corpus Christi
Position Title: Coordinator of Faith Formation
Date: July 1, 2020
FLSA Status: Hourly Nonexempt
Reports to: Pastor
Provides Work Direction to: Volunteers
Receives Work Direction from: Pastor
This Position is: Full-time
Average 30 hours per week for 48 weeks. These hours include evenings, weekends, and a week-long summer mission trip. Regular schedule of hours maintained on-site.
Work collaboratively with staff to coordinate faith formation for all parishioners. This position focuses on PreK-Grade 5, Grades 10-12, Young Adults, and Adults, including sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and RCIA. Empower parishioners to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today. Work to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each person. Seek to draw people in the life, mission, and work of the faith community.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner which is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the Archdiocese, such that can embarrass the church or give rise to scandal. It is required that this employee be an active, participating Roman Catholic.
- Review curriculum and make recommendations
- Maintain records for registration and attendance
- Distribute and file all pertinent material
- Prepare, implement, and monitor budget
- Prepare and monitor yearly calendar
- Help prepare agenda items for quarterly Faith Formation Committee meetings
- Assure compliance with Safe Environment standards for all youth and volunteers in programs. Coordinate with the business administrator regarding compliance with OPCY.
- Organization and Coordination of Faith Formation programs
- Sunday School
- Recruit, train, schedule, and coordinate teachers/assistants/aides/subs
- Coordinate nursery for 10:30am Masses
- Provide resources to teachers, maintain supplies
- Nurture and support teachers (recognition, regular contact, ongoing training, etc.)
- Coordinate opportunities for service during Sunday School
- Coordinate summer VBS program
- Sacramental Preparation
- First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
- RCIA and RCIA for Children
- High School
- Coordinate youth ministry program on Wednesday evenings
- Coordinate service/social activities
- Coordinate mission trip and mission trip fundraising
- Advocate for youth, including writing references for those who request them
- Adult and Young Adult Faith Formation
- Be the staff liaison to the Roseville Area Young Adults group
- Prepare, implement, publicize programs for continuing adult enrichment
- Empower parishioners to start and lead small group bible studies/prayer groups
- Publicize and communicate events and activities including, but not limited to
- Corpus Christi Connection Newsletter
- Professional Activities
- Network with others in youth ministry and faith formation
- Participate in continuing education opportunities
- Keep abreast of new resources, curricula, educational philosophy, etc
- Attend archdiocesan meetings/workshops/training
- Collaborate with other staff on intergenerational social/service/catechetical events
Other Responsibilities: Includes other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and approved and/or assigned by the supervisor. The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive.
EMPLOYEE: I have reviewed this job description and agree it is an accurate representation of the responsibilities of my job. I understand that as the organization’s needs change, my job description will change.
SUPERVISOR: I have reviewed this job description and agree that it is an accurate representation of the responsibilities performed in this job.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Experience: Proven track record of relating effectively with youth and adults, especially in a parish setting.
Background Check: Successful completion of background check is required.
Operation of computers, sound system, and projectors as needed.
Possess communication and organizational skills.
Demonstrated ability to work well with other staff members, volunteers, adults, parents, youth.
Be conscientious, motivated, self-directed, and innovative.
Ability to accept and celebrate diversity of cultures and opinions.
Work evenings and weekends, including overnight retreats.
Lift and move using proper techniques up to 15 pounds.
Walk up and down stairs.
Drive an automobile.
Be an active Catholic, mature in faith, with knowledge of and appreciation for Catholic traditions, values, liturgies, and sacraments.
Organizational Name: Church of Corpus Christi
Organizational City: Roseville
Position Contact Name: Toni Leach
Position Contact Title: Business Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-846-9212
Submitter Name: Toni Leach
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to Toni Leach at firstname.lastname@example.org
148 total views, 13 today