Part-Time Faith Formation Assistant Coordinator
- Be present, on time and ready for work at all times as required for the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteers to promote the well-being, mission, and philosophy of the whole parish.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate catechists and adult volunteers.
- Create an atmosphere of congeniality, organization, professionalism, confidentiality, and respect in the parish offices with special regard to appreciation for volunteers. Aspire toward teamwork with other employees by supporting and maintaining a calm and friendly environment.
- Facilitate the operation of K-6th grade Family Faith Formation Program. Provide support to the Faith Formation Director for the middle and high school religious education programs, when needed.
- Provide leadership in implementing related special events (fundraising, summer faith program, sacrament workshops, adult formation, etc.), when needed.
- Be available on Wednesday evenings, September – May, to ensure the classes run smoothly, filling in wherever the need may arise. Be available on weekends, possibly up to 9 times a year.
- Assist with registrations and provide administrative support to the Faith Formation Director, catechists, and other volunteers (organizing class supplies, sending out class related correspondence, copying materials, etc.)
- Maintain religious education records, OPCY requirements, resources, and inventories.
- Become trained in Level 1 Catechesis of The Good Shepherd within first year of employment.
- Assist the Coordinator of Catechesis of the Good Shepherd as needed.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications include: * Must be a practicing Roman Catholic and disciple of Jesus Christ * Must be self-motivated, be creative, and flexible * Have strong interpersonal and communication skills * Have strong organizational skills * Experience coordinating and supporting volunteers * Proficiency with computer programs * Prefer experience in a religious education environment
Organizational Name: Saint John the Baptist Catholic Church - Jordan
Organizational City: Jordan
Position Contact Name: Tina Goetz
Position Contact Title: Faith Formation Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-492-4573
Benefits: Not Included
Setting: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyTo apply please send a resume and cover letter to Tina Goetz by mail or email. If by email: email@example.com If by mail: Saint John's Faith Formation, 313 Second St. E. Jordan, MN 55352
791 total views, 1 today