Full-Time Events Manager
The CSCOE Events Manager will:
- Work with appropriate staff members to identify and schedule CSCOE events and associated logistical requirements. These requirements will vary from event to event depending on the size and participants but may include such factors as venue selection, transportation needs, meals and beverage services, entertainment, reservation systems, financial transaction processing, etc.
- Maintain a schedule of upcoming events that is carefully crafted to avoid conflicts and promote desired levels of participation. Such schedule should extend at least two years into the future.
- Have a working knowledge of area venues and facilities, their size, availability, cost, etc., and recommend appropriate venues for specific events.
- Develop a detailed budget for each event.
- Work with venue staff to negotiate contracts and ensure a smooth and collaborative working relationship that will help ensure smoothly run events that exude the professionalism and excellence which CSCOE promotes.
- Maintain a current, working knowledge of appropriate vendors that may be called upon to support CSCOE events. Such vendors may include production and audio-visual firms, transportation providers, food and beverage companies, entertainers and musicians, reservation and financial transaction processors, printers and sign makers, gift and promotional/collateral material sources, and others as may be appropriate.
- Coordinate with appropriate CSCOE staff members to identify and develop event expectations, agendas, communication methods, signage, etc.
- Manage teams of volunteers that may be engaged to assist the organization in the planning, preparation and execution of certain events.
- Liaison with the Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis, when and as appropriate to assure adequate coordination and archdiocesan participation if and when appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a disaster preparedness plan to address and help the organization adequately respond to disasters, accidents, or other mishaps that may occur when hosting various events.
- Provide post-event summaries including financial summaries and “lessons learned” that may be useful in the planning and conduct of future events.
- Accomplish other duties as may be assigned by the President.
CSCOE’s Events Manager will be an experienced professional with a proven track record including demonstrated success in planning, coordinating and managing projects similar in scope to what will be expected at CSCOE.
The Events Manager will be passionately committed to the organization’s mission, be a fervent believer in and advocate of the value of Catholic school education and be capable of articulating and generating enthusiasm in the mission.
The Events Manager will be experienced in working in a non-profit environment and in working with and directing the work of volunteers. He or She should also be experienced in working with donors (individuals and foundations).
The position requires an exceptional degree of collaboration and cooperation among a wide range of stakeholders including CSCOE and school staff, venue and vendor personnel, volunteers and attendees. Accordingly, the Events Manager should degree an exceptional ability to collaborate and cooperate with multiple participants.
The Events Manager will also possess:
• Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to manage a multi-faceted project.
• Time management skills that ensure timely execution of event requirements.
• A high degree of pride in his or her work product including an exacting attention to detail that exudes excellence and professionalism.
• Strong organizational and project management abilities including frugal cost management skills consistent with a non-profit organization.
• A wide degree of creativity, innovation and the ability to think outside the box to help develop and execute events that are highly successful.
• A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently in an effective, timely and conscientious manner.
• A positive attitude and professional approach to management that includes the ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• The ability to organize and set clear expectations for tasks and deliverables.
• The ability to manage external vendors.
• While being a practicing Catholic is not a pre-requisite for the position, the Events Manager will conduct him or herself in a manner consistent with Catholic Church teachings and in such a way as not to discredit the integrity of the organization.
Organizational Name: Catholic Schools Center of Excellence
Organizational City: Edina, Minnesota
Position Contact Name: Gail Dorn
Position Contact Title: President
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 612-425-1104
Deadline: December 15, 2019
Salary / Range: Negotiable
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyInterested and qualified applicants should forward a summary of their qualifications to Gail Dorn, President, The Catholic Schools Center of Excellence, 6600 France Avenue South, Suite 520, Minneapolis, MN 55435. The information may also be sent to Ms. Dorn via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
809 total views, 11 today