JOB PURPOSE: To conduct instructional classes in all assigned subjects in accordance with the curriculum and mission/belief statements of Carondelet Catholic School.
● Support the mission, philosophy and goals of Carondelet Catholic School.
● Understand, support and live the basic teachings of the Catholic Church.
● Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the Carondelet Employee Handbook, the School Faculty and Staff Manual, and Parent/Student Handbook.
● Demonstrate a willingness to learn and use technology in the classroom.
● Demonstrate flexibility in dealing with a variety of situations.
● Give evidence of physical and mental vigor.
● Work cooperatively with grade partners, and special project teams and committees.
● Be familiar with school, city and state regulations and policies regarding health and safety in a school environment.
● Have the ability to react in emergency situations in the classroom, building and school/Church grounds. PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
● Enhance professional and spiritual growth by participating in professional development opportunities.
● Be present, on time and prepared to meet the needs of students and fulfill the responsibilities assigned.
● Be prompt with reports and forms requested by the administration.
● Dress to maintain a professional appearance.
● Be available for consultation, phone calls and planning a minimum of 30 minutes before and after student contact hours.
● Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and school policy.
● Actively participate in faculty, child study, curriculum, and committee meetings; and all teacher workshop days.
● Keep confidential any matters that require confidentiality.
● Be open to new ideas.
● Conduct instructional classes in the grade(s) assigned in accordance with the established curriculum.
● Prepare and implement lesson plans with clearly communicated objectives.
● Inspire and actively involve students in the learning experiences. Counsel students for purposes of improving performance, appropriate behavior, and problem solving techniques.
● Use a variety of educational resources and technology to support instruction and student growth.
● Build relationships with students, challenging and supporting students as needed.
● Use a variety of teaching strategies to meet the learning styles of all students.
● Have knowledge of content areas and demonstrate the ability to develop the curriculum within the allotted time.
● Cooperatively plan prayer and worship experiences for the school community.
● Promote and model Catholic social teachings.
● Coordinate and supervise student field trips.
● Provide regular and clearly understood student assessment and evaluation and communicate progress to parents throughout the academic year.
● Demonstrate good classroom management strategies to maintain a positive educational climate.
● Teach and model ways to resolve conflict. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
● Make certain students are properly supervised during school and school sponsored activities.
● Supervise lunchroom, morning recess and/or noon recess as assigned by the principal.
● Supervise afternoon bus dismissal and after school detention as assigned by the principal.
● Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the principal.
● Take proper care of school equipment, materials and facilities.
● Establish and maintain a classroom that is clean, attractive and physically and emotionally safe.
● Develop, communicate and implement a behavior plan that demonstrates peaceful and respectful expectations.
● Maintain appropriate communication with all members of the school and parish community.
● Promptly respond to any messages, phone calls and emails (within 24 hours).
● Regularly update voicemail messages.
● Maintain regular communication with parents through newsletters, email, voice mail, conferences and progress reports.
● Actively participate in the August Open House, Parent Back to School Night, Admission Open House, parent conferences and Catholic Schools Week activities.
● Maintain a clean and orderly classroom.
● Move around the classroom as needed to assist students.
● Be able to move from one floor to another using stairs.
● Supervise the lunchroom, playground and dismissal as assigned. The responsibilities listed are representative responsibilities of a classroom teacher. It is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. Details are described in supplemental materials upon hire.
Job Qualifications: ● Hold a minimum of a BA/BS or demonstrate equivalency from an accredited institution.
● Have and maintain a Minnesota teaching license or meet the requirements of the Minnesota Nonpublic School Accrediting Association (MNSAA).
● Complete a background check with no history of substantiated child abuse or neglect and attend a VIRTUS training session prior to employment.
● Maintain current Bloodborne Pathogen certification.
● Carries out these duties and responsibilities in support of the Mission Statement and philosophy of Carondelet Catholic School.
Organizational Name: Carondelet Catholic School
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Mary Yamoah
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 11-25
Number of Faculty: 26-50
How to Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter for this position and three (3) letters of recommendation to Principal Mary Yamoah, at email@example.com
. Interviews will begin immediately. If you have questions about this position, please call Mary Yamoah, Principal at (612) 927-8673.
209 total views, 9 today