Part-Time Educational Assistant
To support teachers through various assigned duties, including instructional support, clerical tasks, and supervision of students. Under the supervision of a teacher, the paraprofessional assists the teacher with teaching related activities, and non-teaching assignments. In all instances these activities and assignments will have been planned by the teacher who is responsible for their management. The purpose of utilizing a paraprofessional is to improve classroom instruction by permitting the teacher to function at a higher professional level to be consistent with the SCCS Mission.
Academic & Classroom Support
- Assist classroom teacher with providing instruction and support in various classroom settings- large group, small group, and working with individual students- in order to meet diverse student needs
- As directed by the teacher and/or Resource Support Team, works with individual students and groups to reinforce curricular concepts and skills and classroom procedure
- Demonstrates familiarity with the curriculum, methods, procedures, schedule, and resources used by the teacher
- Supervises teacher-planned activities
- Provides the teacher with pertinent information about individual students and assists the teacher with keeping records related to students’ progress
- Assists the teacher with preparing, organizing, and maintaining classroom areas, materials, and
- Other duties as assigned, especially relating to academic needs of students or support of the teachers.
- Assists with clerical duties
- Prepares materials needed for classroom instruction
- Assists with the supervision of students in the classroom, at recess, lunch, in hallways, and lavatories
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students from emotional and physical harm
- Safe Environment
- Complete the background check process every 3 years.
- Review Code of Conduct for Church Personnel annually.
- Sign Code of Conduct for Church Personnel every 3 years.
- Attend initial one-time VIRTUS Safe Environment Training (3 hour live training) and then watch update videos as needed.
- Be a mandatory reporter for any suspected child abuse.
- Always keep the safety of the environment at the forefront to ensure a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults.
Job Qualifications: 1. Bachelor’s degree preferred 2. Experience working with children of the age level assigned. 3. A commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church and St. Croix Catholic School. 4. High level of organization. 5. Excellent oral and written communication skills. 6. Working knowledge and/or willingness to receive training in reading and math teaching/learning techniques and strategies. 7. Ability to work together and maintain a collegial atmosphere in and out of the classroom.
Organizational Name: St. Croix Catholic School
Organizational City: Stillwater
Position Contact Name: Cindi Rutten
Position Contact Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-379-1265
Benefits: Not Included
Salary / Range: 13.75-15.00 per hour
School Enrollment: 101-250
Minnesota Teacher's License: Not Required
Number of Classrooms: 11-25
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyInterested applicants, please send a letter of interest and resume to Cindi Rutten, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.
196 total views, 4 today