Part-Time Educational Assistant
St. Croix Catholic School is seeking applications for Educational Assistants (EA) in primary and intermediate grades for the 19-20 academic year. The Educational Assistant will work five hours per day Monday through Friday. The EA will support teachers through various assigned duties, including instructional support, clerical tasks, and supervision of students. Under the supervision of a teacher, the paraprofessional assists the teacher with teaching related activities, and non-teaching assignments. In all instances these activities and assignments will have been planned by the teacher who is responsible for their management. The purpose of utilizing a paraprofessional is to improve classroom instruction by permitting the teacher to function at a higher professional level to be consistent with the SCCS Mission.
Academic & Classroom Support
- Assist classroom teacher with providing instruction and support in various classroom settings- large group, small group, and working with individual students- in order to meet diverse student needs
- As directed by the teacher and/or Resource Support Team, works with individual students and groups to reinforce curricular concepts and skills and classroom procedure
- Demonstrates familiarity with the curriculum, methods, procedures, schedule, and resources used by the teacher.
- Supervises teacher-planned activities
- Provides the teacher with pertinent information about individual students and assists the teacher with keeping records related to students’ progress
- Assists the teacher with preparing, organizing, and maintaining classroom areas, materials, and equipment
- Other duties as assigned, especially relating to academic needs of students or support of the teachers.
- Assists with clerical duties
- Prepares materials needed for classroom instruction
- Assists with the supervision of students in the classroom, at recess, lunch, in hallways, and lavatories
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students from emotional and physical harm
- Safe Environment
- Complete the background check process every 3 years.
- Review Code of Conduct for Church Personnel annually.
- Sign Code of Conduct for Church Personnel every 3 years.
- Attend initial one-time VIRTUS Safe Environment Training (3 hour live training) and then watch update videos as needed.
- Be a mandatory reporter for any suspected child abuse.
- Always keep the safety of the environment at the forefront to ensure a safe environment for children and vulnerable adults.
Organizational Name: St. Croix Catholic School
Organizational City: Stillwater
School Enrollment: 1-100
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 1-25
How to ApplyInterested applicants, please send a letter of interest and resume to Cindi Rutten, Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.
127 total views, 6 today