Full-Time Early Childhood Teacher
- Be present where needed and be ready to work as needed for all scheduled hours to meet all responsibilities. Be punctual and prepared for daily activities, meetings, workshops, and assigned duties.
- Follow through on daily expectations of job, including lunch delivery / prep, room maintenance (cleaning, rearranging of room, moving / carrying supplies), helping with daily routines of children including, bathroom breaks, hand / face washing, seasonal needs such as sunscreen application or snow suits, etc.
- Maintain appropriate professional appearance and positive attitude toward parents, students, peers, and administration.
- Satisfy responsibilities in a timely manner and generally ensure that all is ready and taken care of. *
- Communicate daily with parents in writing and in person to inform them of center activities and to discuss child’s progress. *
- Actively promote and maintain open, professional lines of communication with teachers, staff, and administration. *
- Communicate to co-workers if leaving the room for any reason (to gather materials for projects, check on something with the office, bathroom breaks, etc.). Make sure ratios and headcounts are checked prior to leaving the classroom.*
- Maintain accurate, timely records as required by law, ECEC licensing policy and/or administrative requests. Clearly and legibly write notes, accident reports, forms, etc.*
- Take responsibility for developing and achieving professional development goals.
- Provide clear, consistent and positive classroom expectations that are developmentally appropriate.*
- Actively and consistently engage children in areas of interest, instruction, and development through clearly planned & prepared lessons and hands-on activities. This includes running, jumping, dancing, and playing, or building with the children daily. Also includes providing materials and tools to enhance and encourage learning in science, math, language and speech development and self-help skills.*
- Actively and consistently engage children in instruction with clear written and spoken language. *
- Provide timely, consistent and positive instructional feedback to the children. *
- Maintain flexibility in instructional technique and professional performance. *
- Demonstrate knowledge of Developmentally Appropriate Practices for preschoolers. *
- Understand and accommodate various student-learning styles within the classroom.
- Understand, locate and implement a variety of instructional resources to enhance instruction.
- Use a variety of assessment methods to monitor student achievement. *
- Create and support an environment of mutual student/student and student/teacher respect. *
- Manage classroom routines to accommodate smooth transitions and student responsibility.
- Establish and maintain clear, consistent student behavioral expectations. *
- Use learning and physical resources in a manner that makes learning accessible to all students. *
- Create and support a caring, loving environment and encourage parent interactions / involvement. *
- Maintain clear, consistent expectations of preschool development for the parents. *
- Conduct parent/teacher conferences a minimum of two times per year. *
- Move and act quickly to intervene or protect a child from an unsafe situation. Act quickly and safely in any type of emergency situation including fire, tornado and/or lockdown drills.*
- Maintain classroom; keep all areas free of debris (i.e. sand, water, etc.). Keep cots, tables, chairs, toys and other learning materials cleaned and sanitized daily.*
- Complete periodic and frequent head counts throughout the day and during all activities and transitions.*
- Actively participate in center functions, staff meetings, and workshop opportunities. *
- Other responsibilities identified as needed by the employee and/or assigned by the supervisor.*
- The responsibilities listed above are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive. More detailed listings of duties and tasks are outlined in supplemental documents, including the Staff Policy Handbook. Those functions designated with a “*” are essential functions of the job.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work well with others
- Confidentiality, integrity, and honesty
- Computer skills, including word processing and e-mail
- Ability to plan, organize and meet deadlines
- Phone skills-pleasant, easy to understand, accurate information relayed quickly
- Keeping supervisors and others informed of pertinent information
- Maintaining a positive and helpful attitude at all times, even during stressful times
- Work full time (40 hours), 12-months out of the year, including extended hours during special events such as parent conferences, staff meetings, or family events.
- Lift and move up to 50 pounds using the proper lifting technique.
Job Qualifications: Saint Ambrose of Woodbury Early Childhood Education Center is looking for an experienced full time teacher to work in our Early Childhood Education Center. We are looking for a loving, enthusiastic, self-directed, and dedicated individual who has prior experience teaching and working with young children in a Christian setting. Candidates MUST have a 4-year degree in early childhood education, or related field, or a 2-year CDA or AA degree in early childhood education. Hours would be on a rotating schedule of 7:00-3:30, 7:30-4:00 or 9:00-5:30, M – F. We offer competitive wages and benefits. If interested in applying for a position, please send a letter of interest, resume, and two letters of reference to Anne Huber, Director of the Early Childhood Education Center, 4125 Woodbury Drive, Woodbury, MN 55129, or email@example.com.
Organizational Name: Saint Ambrose Early Childhood Education Center
Organizational City: Woodbury
Position Contact Name: Anne Huber
Position Contact Title: Director
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-768-3032
Deadline: October 18, 2019
Salary / Range: $16.00 - $19.75
School Enrollment: 101-250
Minnesota Teacher's License: Required
Number of Classrooms: 0-10
Number of Faculty: 26-50
How to ApplyApplicants who are interested in applying for this position should submit a letter of interest, resume and two letters of reference. Information can be sent to: email@example.com. Qualified candidates will be contacted once information has been reviewed.
377 total views, 5 today