Full-Time Director of Music
The primary duty of the Director of Music is to maintain and build a program of sacred liturgical music for the glory of God and the sanctification of the faithful. The Director of Music shall seek to furnish the liturgy with music that possesses holiness, beauty of form, and universality, in accordance with liturgical law of the Roman Rite. The Director of Music shall seek to implement magisterial documents on sacred music, especially what is given in the Roman Missal and in the 2007 document from the U.S. Bishops, Sing to the Lord.
This mission shall be executed through the direction of choirs and other ensembles, as well as through accompaniment at the organ and piano. Furthermore, the Director of Music shall seek to educate the faithful on the role and nature of liturgical music.
Responsibilities of the Director of Music include:
- Providing organ or piano music for all sung Masses and other liturgical services at Good Shepherd Catholic Church
- Training, conducting, and rehearsing an adult choir consisting of volunteers and paid section leaders
- Training, conducting, and rehearsing the children’s choir, including working with the school children throughout the school year and accompanying school Masses
- Chanting the Entrance and Communion Antiphons, and occasionally other Propers of the Mass, and instructing cantors and choir members to do so
- Selecting hymns, choral repertoire, and organ and piano repertoire in accordance with the demands of the liturgical year, in consultation with the pastor
- Assisting the pastor in the planning of liturgies throughout the year
- Rehearsing with instrumentalists as needed
- Rehearsing with clergy as necessary
Organizational Name: Good Shepherd Catholic Church
Organizational City: Golden Valley
Position Contact Name: Lisa Sammon
Position Contact Title: Business Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 763-544-0416
Deadline: February 21, 2020
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, or with inquiries, please contact Business Administrator Lisa Sammon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, letters of recommendation, and, if possible, music samples.
646 total views, 18 today