Full-Time Director of Missionary Discipleship/Formation
The Catholic Community of St. Odilia is a growing, thriving community of disciples of Jesus Christ. We are seeking a proven or emerging leader to join our vibrant parish leadership team. As the Director of Missionary Discipleship and Formation, you will collaborate with our leadership team to cast a vision and establish strategies to accomplish our parish mission to ‘welcome all and provide opportunities for every person to grow in holiness and draw closer to Jesus Christ at every stage in life’.
This position will lead our Faith Formation team in fulfillment of that mission and will promote the development and integration of faith formation and youth ministry initiatives serving adults, teens and children. Our formation programs are offered in both English and Spanish to meet the needs of our community. The Director has the responsibility for the implementation of parish education and formation programs that are based on sound Catholic theology in response to Pope Francis’ invitation to ‘become and form Missionary Disciples’. The Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of the formation team
The successful candidate will have a passion for missionary discipleship; a desire to share the joy of the Gospel with others; be experienced in the use of technology for program delivery and communication; and have the ability to lead a diverse team.
The complete position description will be posted on the St. Odilia website: www.stodilia.org under the ‘Our Parish/Careers’ tabs.
Representative responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Vision and Leadership for Missionary Discipleship
• Establish an overall plan to form intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through an integrated program of faith formation and overall parish programming for all age levels.
• Together with the pastor and the leadership team, help to shape, formulate and direct programming (in both English and Spanish) that enables the formation of intentional disciples and lifelong growth in the Catholic faith.
• Supervise Faith Formation staff. Meet with the team regularly and offer support and guidance. Develop departmental goals, objectives, and action plans. Implement departmental policies, procedures, and schedules.
Faith Formation Programs, Catechesis and Sacramental Preparation
• Oversee and work with staff in the development of curriculum materials and program delivery for all faith formation programs (in both English and Spanish) including Family Faith programming for children (K-5) and their parents, Liturgy of the Word for Children, Middle School Catechesis (grades 6-7), Confirmation Catechesis (grade 8), Sacramental preparation for Baptism, First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation, Youth Ministry and Adult Education programs. Assure that all materials meet Archdiocesan standards, utilizing the National Directory for Catechesis.
• Recruit, train and equip catechists and other volunteers for effective formation and evangelization.
• Collaborate with the Parish Administrator and ministry department staff to develop an annual budget, and assure that all programs operate within their budget guidelines.
• Follow archdiocesan policies regarding staff and volunteer interaction with children and vulnerable adults.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications/Skills 1. M.A. in Theology, Catholic Studies, Religious Education, or related field required 2. Three years of experience working in parish Faith Formation programs or Catholic school administration. 3. Demonstrate understanding and acceptance of Catholic doctrine. 4. Practicing Roman Catholic 5. Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check. 6. Excellent computer and communication skills Physical Requirements 1. Ability to navigate stairs. 2. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. 3. Ability to lift 25 lbs. (office materials, program supplies, etc.). 4. Ability to work long hours on occasion. 5. Ability to work some evenings and some weekends, including possible overnights. Mental Demands 1. Ability to plan, organize, and meet deadlines and to manage multiple concurrent tasks. 2. High level of organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and with interruptions. 3. Ability to conduct and oversee staff performance reviews and provide feedback in a positive and helpful manner. 4. Strong communication skills that articulate the parish mission and invite others to participate. 5. Effectively able to address conflict and provide inspiration. 6. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work without supervision, but obtaining direction when needed. 7. Strong interpersonal skills 8. Respect the need for confidentiality
Organizational Name: St. Odilia
Organizational City: Shoreview
Position Contact Name: Jeanne Schaaf
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-415-3347
Setting: Information Not Provided
Number of Parish Households: Information Not Provided
How to ApplyThe complete position description and application instructions are posted on the St. Odilia website: www.stodilia.org under the ‘Our Parish/Careers’ tabs. Applicant screening and interviews will begin as applications are received. Send your resume, cover letter and three references to Jeanne Schaaf, Parish Administrator, Church of St. Odilia via email: email@example.com
501 total views, 2 today