Full-Time Director of Liturgy and Music
Primary Music Responsibilities
- Lead the worshiping assembly as an instrumentalist/cantor as needed.
- Recruit, train, rehearse with musicians, cantors and instrumentalists for Sunday Liturgies, Christmas
- Liturgies, Holy Week Liturgies and Holy Days of Obligation.
- Develop a wide repertoire of music for the various choirs and for the congregation.
- Schedule all musicians, cantors and instrumentalists for Sunday Liturgies, Christmas Liturgies, Holy Week Liturgies and Holy Days of Obligation using the parish scheduling tool.
- Provide necessary preparation materials to musicians involved.
Additional Music Responsibilities
- Assist families in the selection of music and planning of Wake & Funeral Liturgies.
- Rehearse vocalist/musicians for Funeral Liturgies as needed.
- Assist engaged couples in planning Wedding Liturgies; this includes music, cantors and musicians Has the option of accompanying at parish weddings.
- Coordinate and plan the overall direction of liturgy, liturgical needs, and overseeing liturgical ministry needs of the parish.
- Oversee, recruit, train, and engages all liturgical ministers in their ministry: Eucharistic Ministers, Sacristans, Lectors and Altar Servers.
- Plan and establish ongoing workshops and training dates annually for liturgical ministers.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other parish staff for special liturgies (RCIA rites, First Reconciliation, First Communion, Confirmation, etc.).
- Responsible for ordering liturgical supplies.
- Assist with preparations for liturgical seasons and overall church environment.
- Serve as a resource on the requirements of: The Lectionary, The Liturgical Calendar, The Roman Missal, Sacramental Rites, and The Order of Christian Funerals.
Job Qualifications: Degrees or experience in Liturgical Music, Music Education, Music Performance or a related field preferred. Experience with Catholic Liturgy preferred.
Organizational Name: Saint Ambrose of Woodbury Catholic Church
Organizational City: Woodbury
Position Contact Name: Greg Hereford
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-768-3010
Deadline: September 15, 2019
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
330 total views, 10 today