Full-Time Director of Liturgical Music
Direct the liturgical music activities of the parish.
- Recruit, train musicians, direct choir and other ensembles for liturgies, including Christmas and Holy Week choirs.
- Maintain standards for recruitment and skill and ministry development.
- Supervise main accompanist, associate music director, choir and contemporary music ensembles.
- Plan liturgical music aspects of liturgical seasons and special events.
- Coordinate and schedule all music ensembles and cantors.
- Assist engaged couples in planning wedding liturgies; music selection, schedule musicians.
- Purchase and maintain music resources and maintain licensing and copyright requirements.
- Create or supervise the creation of Finale music notation for liturgical music projection at liturgies.
Job Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in music, Master's preferred and education and/or training in liturgy. Practicing Catholic. At least five years experience in music in Catholic liturgical settings. Strong proficiency in piano, voice and conducting. Skilled in Finale music notation software. Successfully complete required background check, attend Virtus training, sign Code of Pastoral Conduct.
Organizational Name: Church of St. Mary of the Lake
Organizational City: White Bear Lake
Position Contact Name: Mary Scherping
Position Contact Title: Parish Administrator
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-429-7771
Deadline: Until filled
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
351 total views, 6 today