Full-Time Director of Formation: Early Childhood
Job Purpose: Supports the ministry of the pastor and parish by providing organization and leadership of the Early Childhood formation programs. The person in this position works collaboratively with formation staff to guide and support formation of faith for all parishioners of All Saints Parish. This position is 40+ hours/week for 11 months of the year.
- Catechetical Functions
- Plan, implement and evaluate Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS) program for Early Childhood formation ages 3 to 6.
- Provide supervision, guidance and affirmation of catechists in formation program.
- Work with catechists, and parents in supporting childhood faith development.
- Recruit, train and coordinate catechists and aides for CGS in parish and school atria. In consultation with supervisor serve as a CGS catechists for parish and school programs.
- Direct Baptism formation program for families with children birth to age 5.
- Develop program of follow up and support to families with small children.
- Provide training and support mission partners engaged in Baptism preparation.
- Plan and organize prayer, service, intergenerational opportunities, and outreach with and for families with small children.
- Collaborate with other program directors to provide support and formation to parishioners serving in other parish programs (i.e. adult, liturgy, youth ministry)
- Emphasize the parish’s vision through programs and events recognizing the ongoing need to foster evangelization, prayer and sacraments, catechesis, and discipleship.
- Communicate with both catechetical leaders and families on a regular basis through a variety of communication mediums.
- Administrative Functions
- Collaborate with formation and finance staff of program administration including registration, budget, sacramental records, and Enhanced Essential 3 requirements.
- Coordinate communication to parishioners regarding parish formation programs.
- Parish and Community Functions
- Serve as an example of Catholic faith to parents, children and catechists.
- Facilitate the development of spiritual growth for children, catechists and parents through appropriate prayer, liturgy, service and celebration.
- Collaborate with colleagues regarding sacramental administration, preparation, curriculum, resources, and celebrations.
- Attend commission and other committee meetings as needed or requested by supervisor or pastor.
- Actively participates in parish and staff activities as appropriate and in professional enrichment and continuing education programs.
- Attends workshops, classes, and seminars applicable to the ministry.
- Maintains membership in professional organizations appropriate to the position.
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the job and are not inclusive
Job Qualifications: Qualifications 1. Demonstrate understanding and acceptance of Catholic doctrine 2. Level I Certification in Catechesis of Good Shepherd (Level II preferred) 3. BA Religious Education or Education or equivalent (MA preferred) 4. Experience working with adults and young children 5. Possesses collaborative work skills 6. Bilingual Skills (written, spoken, translation and reading) in Spanish and English are a plus Mental Demands 1. Able to develop/maintain a productive working relationship with supervisor and pastor 2. Enthusiastic, self-motivated and able to work alone without supervision, obtaining direction when needed 3. Demonstrated ability to work well with others, maintaining a positive and helpful attitude even during difficult times 4. Able to work under pressure and with constant interruptions 5. Ability to understand the parish culture and adjust actions to fit that culture 6. High level of organizational skills 7. Strong communication skills, including email/internet literacy and efficiency 8. Ability to be pleasant and service-oriented even when exposed to negative influences Physical Demands 1. Work 40 or more hours per week 2. Lift and move using proper techniques up to 15 pounds 3. Able to work productively in a CGS atrium 4. Able to maintain a sitting position for long periods of time
Organizational Name: All Saints Catholic Church and School
Organizational City: Lakeville
Position Contact Name: Loma Ince
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-469-6473
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyPlease email cover letter and resume to Loma Ince at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have references available upon request. Please direct questions to Loma via email or call 952 469 6473.
626 total views, 8 today