Full-Time Director of Faith Formation
- To give direct support to FF catechists at all levels. This means assisting and directing a variety of volunteer personalities and assisting in their deepening of knowledge in the Catholic faith.
- Organize, direct and support all Faith Formation programs. Catechesis of the Good Shepherd Level 1 and 2, classroom model for grades 4-7, Family Catechesis component, Confirmation Prep for grades 9-10, Post Confirmation ministry, catechist training (host west end CGS training), 1st Sacraments Preparation program, RCIC, Confirmation Preparation, and Adult Formation
- Be available for afternoon and evening Faith Formation classes and weekend. Office hours are not always the standard 8 to 5 workday, however, some regularly scheduled office hours at the church are required, including participation in staff meetings.
- Working with the pastor, develop curriculum at all age levels that is in conformance with Archdiocesan standards.
- Coordinate education and reporting for the Protecting Children and Youth (PCY) within the parish Faith Formation programming in conformance with Archdiocesan policy and standards. Ensure that faith formation volunteers have completed background checks, Virtus training and signed Code of Pastoral Conduct.
- Coordinate elementary programs including the Summer Program and the Sunday Children’s Liturgy of the Word.
- Oversee high school programs, including summer mission programs, national and regional Catholic youth gatherings, and Steubenville, Extreme Faith Camp, and other youth ministry opportunities
- Work closely with parents and volunteers who support the FF teachers.
- Assist students and parents in planning social activities, outreach ministry projects, fundraisers, and student Mass activities as it relates to already listed programming.
- Recruit FF teachers and assist in their training
- Plan and coordinate sacramental preparation for 1st Reconciliation/1st Communion, Confirmation, and RCIC in conformance with Archdiocesan standards.
- Collaborate with school faculty and families in sacramental preparation and other catechetical opportunities.
- Admin responsibilities: Develop and track FF calendars, registrations, department purchasing, and budgets.
- Develop and coordinate opportunities for adult faith formation working with current volunteer leadership for adult education courses, Advent Formation Series, women’s ministries, and small group ministry
- Responsible for maintaining web pages for Faith Formation and managing/monitoring electronic media for Faith Formation.
- Quarterly review the program’s effectiveness with the pastor.
- Engage in continuing education in the Catholic Faith by attending workshops, religious courses, seminars, etc.
- Coordinate summer programming: Host Totus Tuus program and oversee Extreme Faith Camp and Steubenville Youth Conference
- Supervision of Admin Asst. and part time Youth Minister (added budget, calendaring, and registration responsibilities)
- Parish outreach programs: Giving tree, St. Nicholas Party, Parish Service Night
The responsibilities for this position are not limited to the before mentioned items, but the list is an adequate representation of the director’s responsibilities. The Pastor may assign other responsibilities identified as needed for the FF program.
Job Qualifications: Qualifications & Requirements of Position Knowledge, Skills and Abilities needed: 1. Active Catholic 2. Knowledge and support of all Catholic Teaching. 3. Familiarity with and support for Catholic family values. 4. Excellent communication skills with children, families and co-workers. 5. A college degree and training necessary to coordinate Faith Formation programs. 6. The ability and comfort level to work with a variety of ages and personalities. 7. Computer, web and social media proficiency 8. Heart for ministry and a desire to pass on the Catholic Faith to everyone. 9. The ability to work flexible hours and adapt to changes. Mental Demands: 1. Flexibility, patience with children and adult volunteers 2. Building good relationships with parish families and children 3. Multi-tasking and managing multiple demands 4. Conflict management skills Physical Demands: 1. Working evenings and weekends. 2. Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (lifting materials, supplies, etc.) Other Requirements 1. All employees are expected to be present, ready to work and on time for all scheduled work hours.
Organizational Name: St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish
Organizational City: Excelsior
Position Contact Name: Rev. Alex B. Carlson
Position Contact Title: Pastor
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 952-474-8868
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyPlease submit cover letter, resume and professional references to Fr. Carlson at email@example.com or via mail to St. John the Baptist Catholic Parish, 680 Mill Street, Excelsior, MN 55331.
242 total views, 6 today