Part-Time Director of Faith Formation
Director of Faith Formation
Blessed Sacrament Church, St. Paul, Minnesota, United States
Come join us at the Church of the Blessed Sacrament, a sacramental presence of Christ on the East Side of Saint Paul for over 100 years. A small Catholic community of faith in the Beaver Lake neighborhood, we are dedicated to the traditions of our past and the brightness of our future. As we begin the next 100 years of ministry on the East Side, we are eager to be a parish of unity, holiness, Catholicity and apostolic outreach. We are currently seeking a Director of Faith Formation to work with our amazing children, youth, parents, volunteers and staff.
- Together with the pastor, staff and parishioners, envision and implement a plan for catechesis and formation of all parishioners of all ages.
- Coordinate all aspects of Youth Faith Formation classes on Wednesday evening for Preschool to Grade 10 and on Sunday morning for Preschool to Grade 2.
- Recruit and train catechists and program volunteers.
- Coordinate sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Communion, and Confirmation, as well as RCIA for Children.
- Coordinate faith formation opportunities for adults (Bible studies, book groups, pilgrimage, etc.).
- Coordinate opportunities for parent faith formation, as well as faith formation evenings for families.
- Coordinate youth ministry for middle and high school youth, including Youth Mission Trip and Extreme Faith Camp in the summer.
- Coordinate Vacation Bible School.
- Coordinate Sunday Nursery.
- Coordinate Safe Environment for the parish.
Job Qualifications: o Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church o Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Catechesis, Catholic Studies, Education, or other related field –or– demonstrated fundamental competence and commitment to ongoing formation o Experience in the area of Faith Formation preferred o Experience and/or training in Catechesis of the Good Shepherd preferred o Some knowledge of Spanish preferred o Displays passion and creativity in drawing people to Christ and teaching the Catholic Faith o Knowledge of Church teaching as found in Scripture and Tradition, and as outlined in the Catechism of the Catholic Church o Diligence about adherence to Safe Environment standards o Understanding and appreciation of the value of the Roman Catholic sacraments. o Demonstrated ability to work with children and parents effectively. o Familiarity with Windows computer programs and software. o Understanding and ability to develop and manage a budget. o Willingness to work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, students and parents. o Excellent communication and interpersonal skills o Able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check o Available to work evening and weekend hours
Organizational Name: Church of the Blessed Sacrament
Organizational City: St. Paul
Position Contact Name: John Florin
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 651-738-0677
Deadline: September 15, 2019
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyInterested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to be considered for an interview. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is September 15, 2019.
297 total views, 12 today