Full-Time Director of Discipleship and Formation
The Catholic Community of St. Odilia is a growing, thriving community of disciples of Jesus Christ with approximately 3,200 English and Spanish speaking households. Since 1960, St. Odilia has served the community through: Christian formation and education in the parish school and religious education programs; the celebration of the sacraments that mark our life’s journey; programs for youth and families; outreach to those in need; and ministry to the Spanish-speaking members of the parish. We offer many volunteer opportunities for ministry and encourage involvement of the whole parish community.
We are seeking a proven or emerging leader to join our vibrant parish leadership team. As the Director of Discipleship and Formation, you will collaborate with our leadership team to cast a vision and establish strategies to accomplish our parish mission to ‘welcome all and provide opportunities for every person to grow in holiness and draw closer to Jesus Christ at every stage in life’.
This position will lead our Faith Formation team in fulfillment of that mission and will promote the development and integration of faith formation and youth ministry initiatives serving adults, teens and children. Our formation programs are offered in both English and Spanish to meet the needs of our community. The Director has the responsibility for the implementation of parish education and formation programs that are based on sound Catholic theology in response to Pope Francis’ invitation to ‘become and form Missionary Disciples’. The Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of the formation team, with a primary focus on adult discipleship.
The successful candidate will have a passion for missionary discipleship; a desire to share the joy of the Gospel with others; be a visible presence in our community; be experienced in the use of technology for program delivery and communication; and have the ability to lead a diverse team of staff and volunteers. This position requires both evening and weekend work, with a flexible weekday schedule.
The complete position description will be posted on the St. Odilia website: www.stodilia.org under the ‘Our Parish/Careers’ tabs.
Representative responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Vision and Leadership for Discipleship and Formation:
- Establish an overall plan to form intentional disciples of Jesus Christ through an integrated program of faith formation and overall parish programming for all age levels.
- Together with the pastor and the leadership team, help to shape, formulate and direct programming (in both English and Spanish) that enables the formation of intentional disciples and lifelong growth in the Catholic faith.
- Supervise Faith Formation staff and meet with the team regularly to offer support and guidance.
- Develop departmental goals, objectives, and action plans. Implement departmental policies, procedures, and schedules.
Faith Formation Programs, Catechesis and Sacramental Preparation
- Oversee and work with youth formation staff in the development of curriculum materials and program delivery for all faith formation programs (in both English and Spanish) including Family Faith programming for children (K-5) and their parents, Liturgy of the Word for Children, Middle School Catechesis (grades 6-7), Confirmation (grade 8), Youth Ministry and sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- This position will have primary responsibility to invite and welcome new disciples through sacramental preparation for baptism, RCIC and RCIA, while also encouraging the development and formation of disciples through adult formation opportunities including bible study, workshops and parish events.
- Recruit, train and equip catechists and other volunteers for effective formation and evangelization, assuring that all materials meet Archdiocesan standards, utilizing the National Directory for Catechesis.
- Collaborate with the Parish Administrator and ministry department staff to develop an annual budget, and assure that all programs operate within their budget guidelines.
- Follow archdiocesan policies regarding staff and volunteer interaction with children and vulnerable adults.
Job Qualifications: • M.A. in Theology, Catholic Studies, Religious Education, or related field preferred. • Three years of administrative leadership experience working in parish Faith Formation programs or Catholic school. • A commitment to the ministry of discipleship with the ability to promote diverse formation opportunities in a positive, safe and welcoming environment. • Practicing Roman Catholic who is able to demonstrate understanding and acceptance of Catholic doctrine. • Candidate must take a leadership position with staff and volunteers in program development. • Ability to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check. • Excellent computer and communication skills.
Organizational Name: Church of St. Odilia
Organizational City: Shoreview, MN
Position Contact Name: Jeanne Schaaf
Position Contact Title: Parish Admininstrator
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 651-415-3347
Deadline: April 17, 2020
Number of Parish Households: 2,001 or more
How to ApplyApplication deadline: April 17, 2020; Candidate screening will begin immediately, applicants are encouraged to submit materials as soon as possible. Send cover letter including a statement of discipleship and formation philosophy, resume and three references electronically to: Jeanne Schaaf, Parish Administrator Church of St. Odilia email@example.com
834 total views, 5 today