Negotiable / To Be Determined Director of Development
Job Summary: The Development Director reports directly to the Business Administrator and is responsible for leading and managing the development program, raising funds for the ministry and programs of the St. Lawrence Catholic Church & Newman Center, and managing all committees involved in fund development activities in alignment with the mission of the parish.*
*Our mission is to share the abundant love of Christ as a university Catholic parish.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare, manage, & execute annual plans for all fund development activities.
- Coordinate all direct mail activities & other appeals
- Plan and supervise the production and distribution of newsletters, brochures, and other marketing materials in support of the campus ministry
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit.
- Maintain and active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry
- Achieve monthly goal for face-to-face visits with prospective benefactors
- Assist in scheduling, coordination, and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Pastor, Director of Campus Ministry, other staff and volunteers as appropriate
- Supervise the stewardship process, including prompt gift acknowledgement.
- Prepare reports as appropriate and submit to parish leadership.
- Assist Business Administrator with various accounting tasks related to development and/or parish stewardship.
- Responsible for updating St. Lawrence communication tools (website, social media).
- Perform additional duties as assigned to include special projects to assist in the overall fundraising efforts.
Required Skills and Training
- Required Skills
- Demonstrated success in the field of fundraising
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work at Catholic Campus Ministry as an essential ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Involvement in campus ministry program as a student a plus
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising principles.
- Enthusiasm and excellent people skills are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and to lead and motivate others.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, budget, timetables, and action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to work effectively with the leadership and other staff members.
- Affinity with, and passion for, the overall mission of the Catholic campus ministry.
Job Qualifications: We are looking for someone that has a proven track record in creating awareness for a ministry and significantly growing that ministry's income from development activities. The successful candidate will be gifted in relationship development and donor management while having a heart for evangelization and the Catholic Church. Strong networking skills, along with verbal and oral communication skills are a must.
Organizational Name: St. Lawrence Newman Center
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Rochelle Shirk
Position Contact Title: Business Administrator
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Salary / Range: negotiable
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyPlease send a resume along with a cover letter to: St. Lawrence Newman Center, 1203 5th street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414. Attn: Rochelle. OR you may email these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call if you have not already completed this step.
436 total views, 1 today