Full-Time Director of Advancement and Admissions
Reporting to the Principal, the Director of Advancement & Admission is a member of the senior staff and works closely with the Board of Specified Jurisdiction. The Director is responsible for the oversight of both student enrollment and development efforts for the school. Student enrollment includes enrollment management oversight, student recruitment, financial aid and re-enrollment/retention efforts. The Director oversees the administration of the admission, financial aid and advancement budgets; all admission and fundraising processes and records; all admission and advancement events and constituent volunteer efforts; and all recruitment, retention, enrollment and matriculation efforts, up to welcoming new families to school in September. In addition, the Director directs development efforts, communications and constituent/public relations programs for the school. The Director of Advancement & Admission is attentive to the school’s public presence in all its manifestations and is responsible for the school’s website. These activities create a climate for enrollment and development viability that supports the mission and sustainability of the school.
- Coordinates the external and internal marketing efforts and initiatives that attract and retain students in sufficient numbers to support the programs of the school.
- Advises the Principal on strategic retention. This includes initiating an early re-registration process, creating/enhancing a culture of community through school activities and ensuring that the entire community (parents, faculty, staff, etc.) understands its role in the retention of current students.
- Develops and implements strategic marketing ideas. Formulates annual Admission and Enrollment Action Plans with goals and objectives based on data related to admission and enrollment. Presents statistical trend information and enrollment projections to senior staff, Board of Specified Jurisdiction and faculty.
- Attends Board of Specified Jurisdiction meetings when appropriate and is involved in strategic planning and keeping the board fully apprised of the school’s admission, financial aid and marketing endeavors.
- Oversees all on-campus visitation programs including Open Houses, interviews and accepted student programs.
- Oversees the management of all admission publications and admission process communications, including work on the production of the school’s viewbook.
- Oversees the volunteer network of Admission representatives, working closely with key volunteers.
- Builds, maintains and encourages relationships with feeder parishes, preschools and other neighboring schools and identifies new opportunities for outreach.
- Is an integral leader for the school community and participates fully in daily community life of the school.
- Plans, manages and implements all fundraising (revenue-based) and friend raising (relationship-based) initiatives.
- Plans, manages and implements annual giving, major gifts and events. This includes but is not limited to prospect identification and research, cultivation, solicitation, gift processing, acknowledgments and stewardship. This may include some travel for face-to-face visits and events with prospects and donors.
- Educates and engages key volunteers (i.e. Parents Association) in implementing and executing mission-based fundraising.
- Works to create and support a culture of philanthropy within the school.
- Creates and/or oversees database and data management for reports and analysis as they relate to development. Updates and maintains the alumni and past parent databases.
- Develops processes and procedures for advancement operations.
- Promotes understanding and support of the school’s vision, mission statements and objectives.
- Serves as the staff liaison for the enrollment and development committees of the board to help inform and educate on trends and projections.
- Aids in setting school priorities to meet annual goals.
- Reports on progress of goals and objectives.
- Sets and maintains professional writing and design standards for school communications. Serves as brand ambassador of the school. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Website and email marketing creative direction and production
- Print publications including school newsletter/magazine, marketing materials, giving program brochures and direct mail pieces
- Social media updates and communications
- Media relations including advertising and press releases in local newspapers, local media coverage of school events.
Job Qualifications: • 3-5 years of experience in Admissions or Development is required. Volunteer management and board experience a plus. • Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic elementary education. • Demonstrated leadership and effectiveness in developing and accomplishing organizational goals. • Ability to build a team, effectively recruit and manage volunteers. • Superior communication skills, ability to conceptualize and execute strategic plans, the ability to interact confidently and effectively with school staff, students, donors, trustees (board members), school administration, the media and alumni. • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and social media is required. • Experience in a not-for-profit environment, parochial, independent school is preferred. • Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
Organizational Name: St. Joseph Catholic School
Organizational City: Waconia
Position Contact Name: Bruce Richards
Position Contact Title: Principal
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 952-442-4500
Number of Parish Households: 501-1,000
How to ApplyInterested applicants should send a resume', letter of interest and 3 Letters of Recommendation to Principal, Bruce Richards @ firstname.lastname@example.org
386 total views, 10 today