Full-Time Development Associate- Annual Funds and Events
Ascension Catholic Academy (ACA) is a consortium of schools partnering to bring rigorous, faith-infused K-8 education to scholars in urban neighborhoods. The ACA is an innovative model for urban Catholic Schools to serve families in challenged communities. As an program of the Church of the Ascension, a multi-cultural Catholic community on the near north side of Minneapolis, the ACA is aligned with Ascension Parish’s mission of providing a sanctuary in which all are invited to recognize, acknowledge and live in God’s presence.
The ACA mission is to be a beacon of innovative, inclusive urban Catholic education where scholars soar as beloved children of God and communities prosper. All are welcome in our schools and the majority of scholars are students of color, from families in poverty and a large portion are English Language Learners. Our schools are grounded in guiding principals: Integrate Catholic Identity, Engage with Rigor and Expectations, Develop Whole Persons, Foster Cultural Responsiveness and Equity, Build Relationships and Partner Collaboratively, Learn, Grow and Lead Continuously and Develop and Steward Resources. Together, we serve over 550 children in grades K-8 to build a future full of hope.
Our Advancement Department is growing in order to continue to meet goals of raising 90% of revenue to fund our mission, expand enrollment to full capacity, engage volunteers and raise awareness of our mission. This position is an exciting part of our growth.
The Development Associate- Annual Giving and Events works as a member of the Advancement Team with a primary contribution in coordination of annual fund and event strategies. The Advancement Department works together to carryout the development, communications, enrollment and volunteer management for the schools that comprises Ascension Catholic Academy including Ascension in North Minneapolis, John Paul II in NE Minneapolis and St. Peter Claver in the Rondo neighborhood of St. Paul. The specific duties of the position include:
- Coordinate the Annual Gift Campaign by managing the overall project tasks such as: Manages project timeline of mailings and ensures all contributors to the project meet deadlines and goals.
- Coordinate all aspects of donor events aimed to cultivate, raise funds and introduce potential new donors to the mission of the Ascension Catholic Academy schools. Work with venue, vendors to plan event details that ensure a branded event to achieve specific objectives. Engage school staff and scholars in appropriate involvement in events.
- Manage the event budget while planning event specifications. Issuing invoices and collecting payments in a timely manner, and creating comprehensive and readable financial reports. Negotiating prices and identify in-kind or sponsorship opportunities.
- Identify volunteer opportunities with annual campaign and events and supervise volunteers as they carryout theses roles.
- Manage events on the day of including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff and volunteers, organizing vendors and managing take-down.
- Communicating with marketing team to create effective advertisements for each event.
- Interact with Raisers Edge donor database to track appeals and events. Maintain actions updates, constituent contact information and other information to ensure quality information.
- Coordinate activities for donor engagement including setting up tours and events at school sites, including production of visit packages for staff and volunteer representatives at donor visits.
- Coordinate Sister Parish activities such as second collections, fall festival, golf tournament, and all other activities with parishes that actively support an ACA school.
- Generate timely and accurate reports to track effectiveness of appeals and events in partnership with development associate to analyze the return on investment. Continually improve effectiveness of solicitations.
- Contribute to the development, documentation, refinement and facilitation of the Annual Fund and Events Process and Procedure sections of the Advancement Operations Manual.
- Develop an executable annual calendar of events and appeals with detailed monthly tasks and assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic office-oriented equipment. Experience with Raiser’s Edge software is desired, but not required. Ability to use team/organization task management and calendaring software.
• High attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Ability to ensure continuity of notes and calendar integrity.
• Ability to work with little supervision. Possess sound judgment with ability to balance independent action with adequate communication with team members and leadership.
• High standards of excellence and a “does whatever it takes to accomplish the job” attitude.
• High level of multitasking ability. Self motivated with creative and efficient use of time and resources in planning and managing various responsibilities to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals of various skill sets and personalities.
• Previous office experience. Experience with non-profit organizations in a fundraising environment a plus.
Organizational Name: Church of the Ascension
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Laura Wagner
Position Contact Title: Chief Advancement Officer
Position Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Contact Phone: 6124246206
Submitter Phone: 763-760-3887
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyResumes and cover letter to: Laura Wagner Chief Advancement Officer Ascension Catholic Academy 1723 Bryant Avenue North Minneapolis, MN 55411 email@example.com 612-424-6206
310 total views, 2 today