Full-Time Development Assistant- Communications and Solicitation Content
Ascension Catholic Academy (ACA) is a consortium of schools partnering to bring rigorous, faith-infused K-8 education to scholars in urban neighborhoods. The ACA is an innovative model for urban Catholic Schools to serve families in challenged communities. As an program of the Church of the Ascension, a multi-cultural Catholic community on the near north side of Minneapolis, the ACA is aligned with Ascension Parish’s mission of providing a sanctuary in which all are invited to recognize, acknowledge and live in God’s presence.
The ACA mission is to be a beacon of innovative, inclusive urban Catholic education where scholars soar as beloved children of God and communities prosper. All are welcome in our schools and the majority of scholars are students of color, from families in poverty and a large portion are English Language Learners. Our schools are grounded in guiding principals: Integrate Catholic Identity, Engage with Rigor and Expectations, Develop Whole Persons, Foster Cultural Responsiveness and Equity, Build Relationships and Partner Collaboratively, Learn, Grow and Lead Continuously and Develop and Steward Resources. Together, we serve over 550 children in grades K-8 to build a future full of hope.
Our Advancement Department is growing in order to continue to meet goals of raising 90% of revenue to fund our mission, expand enrollment to full capacity, engage volunteers and raise awareness of our mission. This position is an exciting part of our growth.
The Development Assistant-Communications and Solicitation Content works as a member of the Advancement Team with a primary contribution of producing engaging and effective materials for multiple audiences to further mail, in-person and electronic strategies. The Advancement Department works together to carryout the development, communications, enrollment and volunteer management for the schools that comprises Ascension Catholic Academy including Ascension in North Minneapolis, John Paul II in NE Minneapolis and St. Peter Claver in the Rondo neighborhood of St. Paul. The specific duties of the position include:
1. Produce materials to engage donors through a variety of mediums including mailings, gift packages, email updates, and other ways to show the impact of giving. Such as: appeal letters, major gift packets, donor cultivation materials, event invitations and materials, volunteer recruitment and acknowledgement, scholar recruitment materials.
2. Develop materials for Sister Parish activities including second collection and special events. Creates and manages a communications calendar for sister parishes in partnership with annual coordinator.
3. Create communications and invitations for events, mailings including event pages on website.
4. Produce content to populate the organization’s electronic communication strategy: website, Facebook, etc.
5. Produce Ascension Parish’s weekly bulletin.
6. Coordinate Ascension Parish’s Catholic Services Appeal and Stewardship Campaign
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Strong written communication skills.
• Skilled at Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and basic office-oriented equipment. Experience with Raiser’s Edge software is desired, but not required. Ability to use team/organization task management and calendaring software.
• Knowledge of WordPress, and mass email platforms.
• High level of multitasking ability. Self motivated with creative and efficient use of time and resources in planning and managing various responsibilities to meet tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals of various skill sets and personalities.
• High attention to detail and strong organizational skills. Ability to ensure continuity of messaging and calendar integrity.
• High standards of excellence and a “does whatever it takes to accomplish the job” attitude.
• Previous office experience. Experience with non-profit organizations in a fundraising environment a plus.
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Organizational Name: Church of the Ascension
Organizational City: Minneapolis
Position Contact Name: Laura Wagner
Position Contact Title: Chief Advancement Officer
Position Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Contact Phone: 612-424-6206
Submitter Phone: 763-760-3887
Number of Parish Households: 0-500
How to ApplyResumes and cover letter to: Laura Wagner Chief Advancement Officer Ascension Catholic Academy 1723 Bryant Avenue North Minneapolis, MN 55411 firstname.lastname@example.org 612-424-6206
838 total views, 1 today